Warticon experience?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever had to use warticon? What are your experiences, did it work?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used warticon on a couple of crops of small warts on the underside of my penis. It was about 10 years ago. It worked for me. It is fiddley to apply though as you want to keep it off the surrounding skin.

• Posted

How long did it take to clear them up? how do you know if its working?

• Posted

It was a few years ago now but I believe I used it twice a day for a couple of weeks. One of the problems is knowing when its OK to stop. My warts were small so I may have gone on for longer than necessary. Warticon is very irritant so the area goes red but I could still see a bit of a mark where the wart was.

Anyway it worked because they didn't grow back.

• Posted

i have noticed that when i use it for 3 days it appears to be working and they reduce in size and look as though they are dying off but the 4 day break they seem to return to normal

• Posted

My feeling is that you need to persist longer than that. The warticon will need to penetrate right through to the base of the wart to kill it altogether.

• Posted

i was told to use it twice a day for 3 days and then have 4 days off and so on, maybe worth just using it until the tube is empty i guess?

• Posted

You're right. That's the current recommendation. I just had a look at the patient information leaflet on-line. I dont thnk its what I did though. If I were you I would follow the 3 on 4 off regimen as recommended, but be prepared to repeat it a few times if necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.