Warts

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a few warts on my hand. I've tried the store bought acids, which just damaged the skin around it more than anything. I've gotten them frozen, even trimmed them myself before one of the freezes, but they just won't budge. So I'm considering getting some store bought Lidocaine and cutting them out with an exacto knife. Then I will dig the root out, and put some of the(salicylic? Will check what the acid is wart removers are) acid in the crater to kill any remaining wart cells. Then clean and bandage it up. Any reasons that I shouldn't attempt this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Risk of infection. Have you tried using medicated corn plasters on them? Some people use duct tape on them to exclude air, some believe in rubbing them with the inside of a banana skin. Do take care with digging into your skin...you may even spread the wart virus.

Warts can often be a nuisance for years and then miraculously just disappear.

• Posted

Its best to see the doctor for options, if you attempt what you want to do, it might make the problem be less of a issue, but get worse over time. In other words, you could make things worse over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.