Was feeling fine but suddenly feel symptomatic again - Hashimoto's

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I hoping someone can shed some light on my problem. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's four years ago. I went on Eurothyrox, and gave up gluten and gluten trigger foods. I've felt great since then. However, a week ago I started feeling symptomatic again: pain and achy all over, ichy, lose stools, no appetite, headaches, weak muscles. I went to the doctor to have tests, thinking that my meds were low. However, TSH, F3 and F4 are all normal. 

TSH - 4.18 (3.5 - 6.5 scale)

FT4 - 16.34 (11.5 - 22.7 scale)

TSH - 2.47 - (0.35 - 5.50 scale)

I feel both hyper and hypo. I was thinking perhaps my dosage was to high for me. I'm currently taking 100mcg of eurothyroxine a day. I was considering dropping to 75mcg a day. 

Any recommendation on other tests I could have?

Any help is much appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have also been diagnosed with Hashimoto 10 years ago

I have been taking 4x100 and 3x75 / week

But it waried over the years, every 6 month or so need ot do a blood test to check the dosage.

But I never felt pain or itchyness. 

Once I mixed up the dosage and my hair strated to get really thin. After the dosage was corrected it got back to normal. I also felt tired when I was on the wrong dosage.

Keep checking every few month, get a blood test.

Those symptoms could be relating to other things?

• Posted

I think it's my thyroid because it feels swollen and my neck feels tight.
    • Posted

They did, but haven't heard back yet. I know that doctor has seen it however. I don't think they found anything because no one seems in a particular hurry to discuss the results with me. 
    • Posted

The doctor did examine me and didn't feel any lumps
  • Posted

Hello Layla:

I am an RN - Nurse and I have had Hashimoto's since I was 27 and now I am 54.  The nature of Hashimoto's disease is as time goes on the thyroid gland becomes worse.  However in some people, the gland tries to make more of your hormone.   Your blood work all looks good, but there are other problems that bother thyroid patients.

1) Vitamin D is often low in Thyroid patients and it can cause severe aches in muscles and headaches and tiredness.  We lose the ability as we age to convert sunlight into Vit D, and our diets don't supply enough.  This can be checked by blood work, takes about a week for that test. You can buy a VIT D supplement in stores.

2) Minerals in the body like iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium B complex of vitamins need to be in good order.  Easy to test via a blood test.  Ask GP to order it.

3) Arthritis attacks more of us with Hashimoto's - you can have a blood test for it.

4) LUPUS - it can piggyback on top of Hashimoto's, easy blood test for that.

If you feel you need to reduce your dose of thyroid, do it very slowly and only by 25% less.  I think you have another problem and not exactly thyroid related.

Watch foods that rob you of energy and do some walking as it helps the joints, and helps your metabolism. 

Please feel free and ask any questions you have.

Shelly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.