Was in a car accident 3 weeks ago and now I’m always confused and forgetful and my legs are numb?

Posted , 3 users are following.

What should I do?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your accident and symptoms.  Have you seen a doctor?  There are several things that could be causing your symptoms.  An MRI or CT scan may be necessary to diagnose.  
    • Posted

Yes. They just told me to go see my regular doctor and then my regular doctor told me to go to a neurologist.
    • Posted

A neurologist is a good choice.  They should be able to determine what is causing your symptoms.  It took awhile before I was diagnosed with GBS.  The neurologist did several tests and ruled out several things before he figured it out.   I hope you can get in to see one soon.  It’s stressful when you have symptoms, but don’t know the cause.  Don’t give up, the right doctor will figure it out. I hope you get answers soon.  Hugs. 
    • Posted

So agree with you took 10 days of suffer Tull I collapsed They kept shooting me out I was deterating GBS paralyzed life support still dealing with issue . But keep going dr and till I get answers hugs let us k ow 🙏🏻🤗😊

• Posted

I hope you went into emergency ? A car accident then didn’t they take you in to emergency by ambulance  if not then I’d be calling one asp hun
    • Posted

I did go to the emergency room, all they did were x rays, took blood, took urine. Came back, said that I was fine. Then they told me to go see my regular doctor and now I have to go to a neurologist.
  • Posted

Well that’s good then when do u go hun always takes time but I’d keep pushing get answers me to stressful but keep relaxing take it easy plz don’t over due or self eat healthy fill hugs let us knows 
    • Posted

A neurologist is supposed to be calling my mom today. & thank you. I’ll make sure to eat healthy and keep you guys updated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.