Was it A fib or Vtach?

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 weeks ago while getting ready for bed, I suddenly felt my heart rhythm change. It was like erratic thumps. I could feel it through my chest. I instinctively took my pulse and it was impossible. It was all over the place. It was really fast and went somthing like: beat-beat-----beat-----beat----beat-beat iykwim?

It was also extreamly fast! This went on for about 30 seconds but seemed like a lot longer. I think I went into shock after ward as I felt really cold and couldn't stop shivering. I eventually fell asleep.

Went to doc the next day who did an ECG and all came up clear so he sent me on my way.

I have a history of ectopics, that I get daily and also get tachycardia episodes most days. I take cardicor 2.5mg daily to help these beats and tachy but I'm none the wiser as to this latest episode I had. Any info greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had to buy myself a little handheld ecg so I could record the events while happening, the NHS then took me very seriously indeed after failing to find my Ventricular Tachycardia for two years. My VT looked like this, (click on image below). 
    • Posted

Oh wow! It'd amazing the lengths you have to go to to get a diagnosis. I don't know if your ecg reading is the same as what I felt as I can't read them, but my ecg was clear but then again I wasn't having an episode when the did it either.

• Posted

Yup, that stuff happens.  And I guess for the most part, doesn't come to anything.  I've had a lot of those on a small scale, and a couple on a large scale.  Doctors give you a test, then just shrug and send you home.

• Posted

I get all sorts of booms bangs and wallops but this was different. It was really scary, and I just feel like no one is taking me seriously. I genuinely thought I was going to die during that 30-40 seconds. And seeing as the docs won't give me answers, I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.