Was on fluoxetine 20mg and now back dr put me back on Zoloft help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm Joe I'm 30 yr I been on Zoloft and avtivan for 11 years did wonders . Until April 2016 I was feeling anxious and I was actually having more sudden panic attack so my doctor said stop Zoloft go to 10mg fluoxetine and 25mg Zoloft for 5 weeks then 20mg flouxtine after 5 weeks I took 20 mg a day for two weeks I was mean angry sad wicked depress afraid of dieing awful chest pain headaches Acid feel in throat at all times . So last Tuesday he had me quit and hop back to 50 mg Zoloft . Now I don't know if anyone experience this but I go from happy to sad to ok . I been feel a lot of weird side affect like headache confused and tired . Always cold and hot flashes starting to feel little bit better but I was wondering if this cocktail of medcine is making me feel this way or am I losing my mind here my gf and family have been suffering because I have not been my slef is there anyone out there that can relate or support my kids are supporters but that's about it. Thank you everyone

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dr had me increase to 100mg the other night let hope getting better doesn't go down hill . I have notice I been having some headache and increase sweating a bit so far and some acid reflux . I started it Sunday. Hopefully it will put me back to normal finger crossed.

• Posted

Am wondering why you had an increase if you were starting to feel ok?  It might be the push you need however I suppose.....

It doesn't matter what dose you take as you'll still get the up/down throughout recovery - so expet that still to happen.  Also don't forget increasing may well give you side effects again - but they will disappear as they did before.  Everyone suits different doses, and am sure you'll find the correct one for you.

Yes, fingers crossed this will do the trick :-)

K x

• Posted

Well it's Friday on 100mg for 5 days guys I feel like I'm confused and forgetting thing and just feel anxious some anxiety especially during day. at night it's fine it's just very weird 11 years ago I don't remember having any of theses issue I'll keep strong and update just feeling down

• Posted

Its just the increase - it'll settle down.  I used to wake up full of anxiety and by the evening it had worn off.  You can get a different experience with meds again - I've been on mine twice and it was different starting up both times.  Also we do sometimes forget what its like.

K x

• Posted

Kate you are a great supporter I appreciate what u have to say . It gives me encouragement to keep on looking forward to the prize . Wich mean for me to be anxiety under control and same with panic attacks
    • Posted

Yes the anxiety and panic does get better - I never thought I'd see a day when I'd be anxiety/panic free after years of suffering ..... but I've been free of it for years now.  It is a great prize to focus on.  Remember you have to go through this horrible stage first whilst your body levels out with the meds.

You'll get there xxxx

• Posted

Hi Kate and everyone I wanted to make a update because this journey has been hell . But I had a good Friday to Wednesday and felt like before I had any anxiety issue . But today I seen on news and on Facebook a local young girl passed away at 23yr of a heart attack that had three little kids and for some reason it spun me in a depressed and sad mood all day I guess I'm afraid of that happening to me because they run in my family and I have two boys 7 and 10 and a gf of 12 years I like marry. But I don't know today I had a weird anxiety attack were my legs were like jelly it scared me I know I'm only about 11 day in on 100mg but I just feel stuck and empty like I'm not gonna win this battle . I did take big step this week I made a appointments with physiologists for aug 30th . I'm nervous and happy about but I'm trying to fight this guys I don't have much of a supporter system at my gf has some issue as well and everyonels seem to brush me off.

• Posted

Remember recovery comes in waves, so Friday to Wednesday when you felt well that was an up, and you've now hit the dip in the wave.

You're vulnerable to all sort of anxious thoughts at the moment, getting overreactions to normal thoughts.  It wouldn't bother you if you'd been well.

Anything can trigger the dip in the wave, and sometimes they come unexpectedly.  Try and let the feelings be there and remind yourself you'll soon be going up that wave again.  Expect these waves, there'll be many more to come ........ but the good feeling you felt Friday to Wednesday will get longer and stronger, and the anxiety will get less with each wave and finally stop coming.  Expect the odd big dip occasionally though as it can happen.

You are doing well, what you're experiencing is normal.  You will get over this.

K xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.