was on these before but came off cos of nausea,didnt per...

Posted , 1 user is following.

was on these before but came off cos of nausea,didnt persevere!! been prescribed agan and want to take but worrying bout side effects.. and do enjoy my wine in the evenings!!! really hate the way im feeling at mo tho..down,anxious etc just want my life back!! any comments pleeeze!!

[i:0fe7474d7c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0fe7474d7c]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I just wanted to reply to this post. I myself haven't really experienced any nausea as a side effect so I don't know how bad it can be. Did you try taking your pill with food ? I usually take mine in the evening after eating. Just an idea, it may perhaps help if you have a bit of 'ballast' in there !

I still have a couple of drinks now and again, but since starting these pills I've realised you can't drink more than 2 or 3 unless you want a VERY bad morning after - I do feel like my head is going to split in half :headhurts:

It does sound like you're having a rough time at the moment, I'm sure we can all relate to this. Do you have anyone to talk to ? If you think you can face it, maybe give the medication another try ? If you do stick with it, it will work it's magic smile

I wish you the best of luck.

[i:55cb6ca16a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:55cb6ca16a]

• Posted

hiya saint,

thanks 4 replying,have started them just 10mg stead of 20mg,,ok up to now! really thought i didnt need any meds but dont want to do nething or see any joy for the future so spose i do eh? have they really worked well 4 you? think i may stay the course,its just after reading all the bad effects on here put me off!! :

becca

[i:13d19fb301]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:13d19fb301]

• Posted

Hi there,

I can understand how you are feeling... I suffered when I first started these tablets, but then it may have been how I was feeling at the time, I had the sickness, the churning stomach, upset stomach, yawning, tiredness

but don't give up hope, believe me you will get there!! you will notice a comment on this page with about 20 responses, take it read through it, several people were helping each other get through the same experience, and its good to know you are not alone, talking with friends, family if you can, it will help, but most important you are not alone.....

keep your chin up, and cry when you need too, you will get there, I did!!

x:wink:

[i:872312e6cd]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:872312e6cd]

• Posted

Hi Becca,please persevere, i felt sick, for a couple of months after after starting on citalopram but it will go away, other side effecta are tiredness which i still suffer from but it's a small price to make as i feel good now, i suffer from depression and really bad anxiety but since starting the citalopram i am tons better, they gave me my life back, now i can function again, make descissions, laugh, all the things this illness stops you from doing. Hang in there. Don't worry about side effects, you can feel worse before you get better, but beleive me it's worth it for your peace of mind. My Dr said citalopram is one of the safest anti-depressants you can take. Good luck and hang in there.

[i:a86cfc0108]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a86cfc0108]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.