was that really a stroke now or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi. im 29. healthy. dont have any health issues whatsoever. had all  clotting etc tests done a few years ago as well, and all is fine... a few days ago i was watching something at my laptop. as i moved my eyes around in the room i realised i wasnt able to see much from my right eye. no other symptom. it lasted about 10-15 mins. then it started getting better. next morning i went to the a&e. they checked my eyes and were fine. they sent me to the stroke clinic within the hospital, they did mris, ct scans of brain neck etc, heart tests,  blood tests etc. all normal. they said it doesnt sound like anything really (hows that even possible!) but asked me to take plavix for a year to be on the safe side. obviously im extremely worried. since then im scared of every minute. i need someone to explain if theres anything else this could be. btw i dont suffer from headaches, migraines etc. could a TIA not show up in any test and happen in a person with no clotting probs? if not, what else can this be?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so i went to the gp for a follow up and said it could be aneurism/ thats even worse
    • Posted

Aneurysm is very treatable, however if you have any of the same symptoms you should contact the emergency services for medical attention. A follow up MRI or CT can reveal if it is an aneurysm. Honestly though I still am fairly confident that it was lazy eye or eye fatigue.

Mark

• Posted

i had a ct scan with contrast of the brain and neck and showed nothing. wouldnt an aneurysm show up? the opthalmologist suggested its eye aneurysm. you know? im tired. everyday i get more scared.
    • Posted

the opthalmologist said its either aneurysm or clot. i asked i said..maybe it was just tired cos of laptop..and she said no way. wth sad

• Posted

ok im back. they ruled out aneurysm. they are now saying MS. which is far better than stroke. they also want to check for rare inherited clotting disorders..like...histe...something
  • Posted

so the doctors are now saying it was an eye vasospasm. i dont want to google it lol. but the docs said i should  forget it. it does sound like aneurysm to me though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.