Was told it was a bartholins cyst blockage but I really dont think it is? Images.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Brief history, chronic itchiness not cured by OTC thrush treatment. Never any discharge. In September had a pinching feeling on side of vaginal wall during sex. Saw dr that month for itching, was told there was a lesion where I felt the pinching, she thinks I have Lichen Sclerosis. Swabbed the lump, negative for any STDs. Have had same partner for 10 years. Saw dr yesterday as I was really itchy again and lump seems larger and more angry. She said it was ulcerated, got into a derm today , she said wasn't ulcerated, but the gland opening is prominent and she believes its a blocked duct. Got a referral from her to Gyno as I also have a prolapse and the gyno will deal with the duct too. She said I also have Chronic Candida Hypersensitivity which is causing the itching and said I will need to take an anti fungal until menopause (I'm 28) ..

Ive done lots of image searching trying to get an idea of everything, and I really feel if anything, it looks like VIN, but wouldnt that be apparent on a pap smear?. What do you think? I'll attach a photo of the lesion. I also have multiple fleshy protrusions like this, but the others dont hurt like this one, they seem to also have mostly grown off gland openings, you can see a little pinhole opening. Again, 100%not an std, have had one partner, both monogamous, and I have had 2 pregnancies in that time plus pap smears and they always check for that type of thing especially with the itching, regardless of my sexual history and I'm always negative. The perineum quite often gets fissures. And the derm said that the skin is very dry.

imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

wait i hsve this too are you sure uts not a std can i breatge

• Posted

100% sure its not an std. Its been swabbed directly, and have had pap smears that checked. have been with the same person for 7 years, and hadnt been with anyone 4 years prior to being with him.

• Posted

Feel for you as that sounds awful but it doesn't sound much like a BC/abscess but that is the location where my bartholins burst from - I still have a puncture hole which weeps regularly.

As for dryness, you might be doing this already but it's good practice to only wash with an emollient cream. I know when you have a problem in that region there is a temptation to wash the area a lot, but that will only make it more sore/dry. On the thrush note, I had continual thrush for about 2 years in my twenties but now get it quite rarely, so don't lose hope of that improving. Have you ever tried the coconut oil tea tree and lavender method for thrush? It's amazing but might be a bit too harsh with your other problem going on. Taking biotin is a good way to prevent thrush too.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hope you get a resolve to this very soon.

• Posted

hello i have this same thing , i experinced the same pinching feeling during sex and when i looked realized it was swollen with the same pin hole .i thought maybe i had got a tear from the bf but days later it still there with no relief , did you ever find out what caused this and what it is ? and has it gone away for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.