Was told to finish taking my pill.... Could I be pregnant with a large ovarian cyst?

Posted , 4 users are following.

When last speaking with the doctor she told me to stop taking my pill.

my pill pack ended on 21st Jan, I then had my pill bleed start around 23rd until 28th. I then Had another bleed 9th Feb until 13th Feb (is this an ovulation bleed?) it then stopped on the 14th and restarted 15th-16th....

(I was told to stop taking my pill on 8th Feb)

I have had no bleeding since but my boobs are so achey and my nipples are sore/sensitive. 

Is there a possibility I could be pregnant? If so what would happen?my cyst is 9x21x23 and I'm having to have a vertical cut straight down my stomach for it to be removed. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Anyone?
  • Posted

Get them to do a pregnancy test before operation because they won't remove the cyst if your pregnant x
  • Posted

Oh really? I have another ultrasound on Thursday, do you think they could also pick it up on that? Thanks
    • Posted

I'm not sure because you wouldn't be very far along. Best thing to do is speak to your doctor x
  • Posted

Any updates on this?

I too have a large cyst 9x6 and so far, it hasn't reduced in size. The doctor has not yet recommended next steps.

Did you take a pregnancy test? Are they removing the ovary/fallopian tube or just the cyst?

• Posted

Yes I was not pregnant, it was an early stahe cancerous cyst, which weighed 8lb. My ovary was removed with the cyst 😔 Hope this helps x
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear sad Was your u/s on the cyst filled with solids?
    • Posted

It was a mucinous tumor, not to sure 😔👎🏽 just so glad its gone!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.