Was treated for endometriosis now and being told it’s dyspareunia, is it really??????

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 18. My initial symptoms were painful periods, pelvic pain, painful sex and extreamly heavy periods.  My gyno subjected I’d change my birth control at first to the depot. It worked, my symptoms were almost gone except I was still experiencing extremely painful sex. I was sent for many pelvic sonograms and visited the doctors office frequently. He finally decided to do a laparoscopy, where he found endometriosis. After the surgery my boyfriend and I waited about a month to try and have sex again. It was still intolerable. I hated myself for not being able to have sex. Then my gyno suggested the lupron depot shot. I had three rounds (3 months) of the shot. It still didn’t work... now my gynecologist is saying I have dyspareunia. Has anyone else been in this situation.... should I switch to another doctor for endometriosis. It’s been almost 18 months and I’m sick of being held back in my love life!!!! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia.

Following my Laparoscopy surgery I was given all my photographs from the surgery. It is usual for the doctors to have taken some micro photos at the time. You have every right to call up the doctor and ask for them as proof that you did have endometriosis. If they refuse to give it to you or say they did not take any photos, then switch gynos. You need correct information about this, and a proper doctor would have taken photos of before and after.

I hope this helps, reply with any questions you may have, and I will help to the best of my abilities xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.