Washing clothing and keeping it after/during molluscum?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I never wear clothes more then once, I have molluscum all over my body and don't want to make it worse. I only use towels once then wash them with hot water and dry on hot. I was curious to those who rid of this awful condition, did you have to throw away all your clothes/towels once you cured it? Am I washing my clothes/towels correctly to make sure I'm not just causing more problems? I can't find anything online about it.. sad Mahalo.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. My son had MC for 4 years. We went to the doctor many times and tried every product under the sun to get rid of it. It is good practice to try and limit it spreading as you are, however, there is no product on earth which will get rid of this horrible condition. In the end, my son got so fed up with it he begged his Dad to pop them. We did this, one by one, and now he has been spot free for 2 years and there is NO scarring. We wish we had done it years before as my son is now happy.
    • Posted

Did you have to throw away your towels and his clothes after he rid of it? Popping them has only made it worse for me, I've been dealing with it for a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.