Washing machine like sounds..

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have just strange sounds in ear. Ent said retracted eustatian tube. That was months ago. I went twice. It makes a washing machine like sound/sonogram sound and changes as i move my head. Im sound sensitive and headaches too. But it changes up as other tinnitus sounds and sensations come and go. I can feel some of the tinnitus. All started from a sinus infection in April. I have anxiety id have to be superman not too. I already have eye issue and they are watching inner angles so I can use many meds although they seem useless anyway. Sounds sometimes trigger odd stuff with all this. My husband keeps saying. nothing anyone can do so deal with it. Too bad i cant give it to him so he would understand it. I have had enough.  I feel lost and at time well im ready to move on if you know what im saying. Its dumbfounds me ENTS act dumb with this .  How is it no doctors do not get any of these ailments that they look at you and say it will pass..or i dont know..  it so expensive and doctors are mostly in the big cities which is far and costly and very time consuming to pursue this which is making it more stressful. Im down to prayer so i hope someone has something helpful or can relate.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa - Yes, I can relate to it. I have tinnitus and mine sounds more like a tea kettle or being out in the woods at night. I have sinus related problems that plug up my ears frequently and a eustachian tube malfunction in my left ear. So, I realize the pain and misery that's involved. 

Like you guessed, the doctors (for the most part) act clueless in the treatment. There's so much they don't understand, I believe. There is no treatment for tinnitus.   

I don't believe you said you suffer hearing loss but I imagine that comes with the territory. Hearing aids could help mask the tinnitus and the eustachian tube issue can further be explored. I think right now you have to get a grip on your anxiety because that too, adds to the intensity of the tinnitus. 

I think you need to talk to a few professionals. You indicated, "it's time to move on" and that's never a healthy way to think. I'm unsure if you're talking about your life or your marriage. Either way, you should seek counseling immediately and get a grip on what you're dealing with. I do not believe you can get one issue under control without getting the other in check. 

Do yourself a favor and talk to a professional that can help you manage all of your symptoms. What seems complicated and helpless could be managed with the right people involved. Don't give up on yourself. We are all in the same miserable position with this tinnitus and hopefully we will see a cure, sooner than later. 

I hope you feel better very soon and get proper guidance.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I read it twice. Its just very frustrating. Takes the quality of life away at times. If we all read the medical breakthroughs and articles and such the doctors should be up on their game as well. It seems with all this wonderful technology and intelligence this world has there would a lot more cures and a lot less clueless doctors. 😔

• Posted

I'm down to prayer too. Will agree with you in prayer. Lord, please heal us. Show us the path we can take toward relief. We trust you and put our hope in you alone, AMEN

Did he want to do anything about the retracted eustation tube?

• Posted

No. he said it will take a long time and eventually heal itself,😒Meanwhile sometimes i hear roaring, whooshing and this have this constant washing machine sound and feel like i just got off an airplane. ThenI pop my ears and its up for grabs what transpires. Sometimes it pops, sometimes it pops a lot and feels weird and worse is when it spasms. I was shopping and at one point i had so much going on with it i just kept thinking i cant believe this is happening to me, i really cant, human torture. I know i have tmj too and im trying everything in my power to figure out how to fix this. I have other health ailments as well and this is few months happening now, for the most part i keep functioning and doing what i want. I want to live a decent existence but all this is testing me. All i got is prayer and belief and i do believe this will heal at some point. i will be honest im thankful everyday that what does work keeps working. I have learnt to be very thankful because these weird thing happen that i didnt even know were in existence so im not going to be ungrateful ever, i just want to heal it all now and the stregnth to exist whilst i am healing. And AMEN to your prayer.

• Posted

So let it be (strength to exist while healing) for us both. 
    • Posted

Wow im congested again. So have popping when i swallow too at times.. now on top of this. Saw the gp three days back for a physcial and caught a cold or whatever this is. He ran dopplers on the surrounding arteries. He wanted to see they were clear and functioning normal. They were. and they looked good so he is certain this is swelling and fluid in the ear but not that antibiotic does not do  anything. Its time and more time and can take a long time. Because i keep getting congested its messing up healing. Flonase spray he likes but it makes my throat hurt too much asfter a few days. And i cant take steroids but a guy in there used steroids and it didnt do anything for him anyway. He told me tinnitus is extremly common and all these colds are messing me up. Have to let nature fix it. Ugh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.