Wasn't expecting another operation.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Feeling down about the fact i need another operation. I have had arthritis since the age of 11, i am now 59. I have had my left knee replaced twice and now need my right knee replaced. I have had physiotherapy and steriod injection which haven't helped. I have 4 months before i see the consultant again and when i need to decide about having my knee done. I am having constant pain and my mobility is getting worse. I will of had 3 knee replacements by the age of 60. I really wish i didn't need this operation but without it my knee will progressily worsen. I have also being refered for physiotherapy for my left knee to strengthen it. I just wish there were more options, doesn't appear to be. Has anybody else had several knee replacements. 

Elizabeth.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my left done June 2015 and my RIGHT done October 2015.

I couldn't WAIT to have my second one done because that knee was really holding me back once my first one got stronger and better than ever.

Don't worry. It will be good to have TWO good knees!😊😊

• Posted

Hi Cheryl we have spoken before, hope your doing okay. I know i will be better having the knee done, thou my left second knee replacement is weak now, hence the consultant sending me for physiotherapy. I have supportive stents as well. I suppose i just wanted some reassurance that i am doing the right thing. Thank you.

Elizabeth 

smile

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth!

Doing good! Still working on being comfortable going down stairs, though!

Very glad both knees are DONE! Looking forward to putting in our garden in a couple weeks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.