watching TV and feeling dizzy

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

does anyone else get dizzy while watching TV with all the fast-moving camera angles

Liz

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry that should read camera moves not angles, i blame the brain fog?!
  • Posted

You can get special glasses. Ask your optician.

regards.

• Posted

Please tell me more about these specail glasses!
  • Posted

OH YES I DO!!!  I don't have a TV and don't go to movies because they often make me sea sick.  I am terribly effected by things high.  Seattle Center's Space needle, tall buildings, bridges, OH MY! Terrible feelings! LOL!!!  Do you have trouble with heights too? 

When I was little I was on a Wild Mouse ride (it is a square rollercoaster that goes way up high, when i went up, I was so freaked, I almost jumped, but my older brother who was next to me saved me from jumping out (a good 30/40 feet up).  

Do you also get vertigo? That's what watching some TV nad movies feels like to me. SOrry you have it, not fun!! 

• Posted

No, I'm ok with heights but didn't go up Seattle Space Needle when we were there recently as it was very expensive ( tho the ones in Vancouver and Toronto were fun!!)

It's just the fast camera moves make me feel sea sick. Awful isn't it? I remember having to tell my girls to keep still when they were younger as their moving around made me so dizzy!

• Posted

It is awful. I have never tossed my bisquits, but it causes gagging like I will.  I don't mind, TV is such a time waster anyhow smile  

I went on the space needle when I was 9, I passed out. I get that same dizzy driving over bridges.  I have passed out so many times to things related to heights.  Oh well, there are worse things, right?

• Posted

You bet! But going over bridges when the sun shines thro the bars or driving by trees and the sun flashes in and out has the same effect on me, but didn't have it before ME.

• Posted

I have done a bit - I put it down to the brain fog. Usually accompanied by feeling a bit confused and "fuzzy". If I feel that way I stop watching and rest, or do something else. Resting certainly helps me over time.

• Posted

yes, getting supine really is perfect, with a warm blanket smile

• Posted

Yes, it affects me when I'm really worn out too with brain fog, but I wish they would stop those annoying camera moves - I blame Jamie Oliver for starting it!! (sorry Jamie, I do love your recipes, just not the camera moves!)

• Posted

the newer TVs are terrible too! I went to Costco, at the enterance, they have many TV's flashing.  I have to look away every time. It is nausiating!!  

• Posted

yes yes yes!!!  I can't look at anything that moves quickly or especially swirls round....like when the camera pans round a room.  I feel really sick and dizzy.  I never really understood what that was about and of course my GP just said oh really....not interested.  It leaves my head feeling full of cotton wool and also makes me feel tired.

• Posted

you might be right about it being vertigo.  I don't know that anything can be done about it though it would be good to at least know.  (and add to the list of ailments we all seem to have!)

• Posted

I agree, it is courious how some of us are so effected by motion.  I get sick just thinking of that feeling.  LOL!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.