Water consumption

Posted , 5 users are following.

Recent tests diagnosing Diabetes, revealed Prostrate enlargement with indications of possible cancer, I drink TWO and a Half Litres of Sainsburys  Gently Sparkling mountain water everyday, ( and have been doing for 17 years) . Searching for information on Prostrates , NHS Direct advised not to drink Fizzy Drinks, so could gently sparkling Caledonian water, cause Prostrate Problems?. Would still Water be a better choice? I  prefer drinking the sparkling water and due to heart problems have my water delivered so I have to buy 20 X 2litres at a time, any advice would be helpful. Cheers clive55555

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Without a large scale scientific control group study, I doubt there’s an answer to this. I never have drunk much by way of fizzy water or drinks but have prostate problems anyway. Either way it doesn’t change the present condition you are facing. It’s easy to blame a bad thing on something that preceded it but there’s rarely proof the first thing caused the second. Be well and best wishes to you!

• Posted

Hi Pepasan Thanks for contact, I agree with you, just needed to confer with another living being, gently sparkling water no problem. Cheers clive55555
    • Posted

Actually I was advised to keep away from all fizzy drinks, both alcoholic and non alcoholic, in favour of 1.2 litres of still water per day. I've been doing this for 4 years now and things have been reasonably well with my prostate. 

• Posted

Hi Jeremy. Mmm FIZZY drinks, I agree are inadvisable. BUT "gently sparkling mountain water" I am hoping to get away with, drinking TWO and half litres of STILL water, is a tall order. Hopefully my next blood test will give me the all clear. But I am beginning to worry about the sparkling water, and have ordered some still water, to slowly change over. I know there are bigger problems, but living on my own, this water puzzle has me stumped, it's good to hear from other people and their opinions.   Cheers clive55555

• Posted

Fizzy water is fine - if it doesn't bother you drink away...it won't impact your pathology at all.

• Posted

Great, Thank you now I don't have to order still water, my order goes in tomorrow Cheers clive55555

• Posted

Hello It was helpful to have a forum chat about water consumption, since my last delivery of water, I tried some STILL Water, I would recommend STILL Water, especially as you get older, it's kinder on the stomach, I don't get that bloated feeling, just got 20 X 2litres  of Sparkling Water to get through before next delivery, then it's STILL Water for me from now on. Cheers clive55555

• Posted

Clive - here is an idea: unless you absolutely insist on helping the economy, why not drink tap water? That's what I've been doing for years (and I'm still breathing). Just an idea.

Cheers

Jeremy

• Posted

Hi Jeremy, Wish I could drink tap water, but I just can't stand the taste, and never have, don't drink tea or coffee either, or alcoholic or soft drinks, I like Gingseng but who doesn't, can't find the roots. Cheers clive55555

• Posted

Hi JeremySt

​Your idea about drinking Tap Water got me thinking, so I tried the Tap Water and to me it tasted better than the bottled water, surprising how you can get into a rut and an outside thought , can change things.

​So thank you Jeremy for you simple but effective solution. Cheers clive55555

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.