Water irritates my stomach?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I've been diagnosed chronic gastritis with low inflammation levels 7-8 months ago. No HP infection, no atrophy.

My main symptom was harsh and constant nausea after eating. But I'm better, I feel rarely nausea after eating now.

But water still gives me harsh nausea. I'm not on PPI by the way. I just take 10 gr glutamine a day. I try each brand of brand but it does not matter.

I don't eat meat for a while and my symptoms are almost gone, except water. I mainly eat wholewheat bread, egg whites, brown rice, beans/lentils/chickpeas and a small amount of pumpkin seeds.

No dairy. No coke. No junk.

Any advice?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you drinking cold water? If yes, try room temp or warm water and drink it slowly
  • Posted

I've tried cold and room temp water but it does not matter.

Is it possible to get nausea from drinking water while I'm suffering from chronic gastritis or do I have any another health problem?

All blood tests are ok. I have just chronic gastritis as I said and I'm almost %100 ok with my meals. Fruits still can irritate my stomach though. Banana/apples are trouble-free but grapes, melons, watermelons absolutely give me a pain.

• Posted

However, glutamin'd water does not irritate my stomach, lol.

Do you recommend me sodium bicarbonated water?

• Posted

l had constant nausea for months, from waking to bedtime, went off food lost 2 stone, scope diagnosed inflammation, given omprsazole, took them for 3 wks, but also stopped anti bs given for ic flare up, took probiotics, plain diet, small meal in evening,plain food, and only drink spring water, just in case flouride aggrevates, been settled a few eek now, relief, still feel it  a bit unsettled odd occasions, but not for long and not had severe nausea, whats improved it l,m not sure if its a short course of omprazole, smaller plain meals, or spring water, Try without tap water to see if that helps
    • Posted

Sorry to hear your story.

We are in same boat as I understand. My only symptom is nausea like you and endoscopy result says that I have chronic gastritis with low level inflammation.

I almost had no nausea from meals, maybe little bit after eating but not severe. But water (and fruits!) still hurts. Cold/room temp does not matter. I never drink tap water, I always drink spring water (7.90 ph around)

My doc prescribed esomprazole when I diagnosed chronic gastritis and I took it for 2 months but it didn't work on me. I can give 20 mg omeprazole a try.

Can you write your diet, please?

• Posted

l dont eat much day time at all, tea and cereal bars or toast, evening plain potatoes, hash browns, broc carrots, seem to be able to tolerate most veg, chicken or fishm,cant eat ready meals anymore either frozen or tinned, l dont know it theyd aggrevate, just took an aversion to them, went off lots of foods, but can eat rice, pasta, veg or chicken added, and suprisingly can still eat chocolate and crisps wholemeal bread, dont take cows milk anymore, , Aversion to most fruits, but can eat toms, banana,s, probiotic tablets, yogurt, ginger tea sometimes.

It has settled before and come back, but now dont revert back to normal diet, and dont eat till l feel full, or bloated with belching, means lve eaten too much, and risky, only drink spring water now. So far so good for me.

hoping it lasts, but no idea what settles or starts it up, wish l did, as like you l was told ive a bit of inflammation, yet some with worse dont get the nausea, more pain, a puzzle. But def think it important not to have big meals or eat till your stuffed, dont do that or alcahol now.  My ompras are 20mg, goodluck

• Posted

I don't know what's wrong with my stomach.

I can drink coke with my most of meals without any prob! But water can irritate my stomach.

I also ate fast-food without any prob but fruits/raw veggies, sometimes brown rice with beans also can cause my stomach.

I really don't understand what happens inside of my stomach.

• Posted

Hi 

one year down the line how are your symtoms now ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.