Water Retention/ 40lbs Weight gain in 4 months? Please read.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there,

In September of last year, my doctor started me on Remeron in hopes of fixing my appetite and my sleep (both are going great. I eat better and I sleep much better, both which I couldnt do prior to the meds).

Anyhow, I'm a 5'2 female who prior to the meds, looked very unhealthy as i was only 92-95lbs. Now i'm at a very fit looking 135-137lbs. I've wanted nothing but to gain weight and it finally happened but it was rapid. Starting in October, I started gaining weight extremely fast. My doctor ruled out any medical issues. However, im terrified that all this weight 35-40lbs of it is just water and that I didn't gain real weight. My weight seems to fluctuate between 137-145lbs daily but it never goes below 135. My doctor seems to think most of my weight is real and that some of it is water but only a small %. When I press on my feet, I see big intends (only my right foot).

Basically, my concern is that im terrified all this weight will just rapidly dissapear as fast as I gained it in the first place and I dont wan't this to happen. I look good and i'm finally confident with how I look. How much of this is water?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its possible to lose weight fast if it is just water. Drinking water is good however sweating and discomfort are two of the many reasons i do not drink alot of water. Its best for you to eat more protein and carbs. You will slowly put on genuine weight if you do this. You can put on weight quicker if you workout with weights.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.