Water retention

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all. Is water retention in the legs common with perimenopause? Mine had become noticeably increased these last couple of months.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Laura can't remember but l know during there is...for me anyway. Not a lot just enough to wonder if l have oedema and make me bend over and poke around at my cankles!

• Posted

Hi ,yes I had it while peri and also post . I found wearing support stockings at night helped. And those tights that look nice and fashionable but give you support in the day. ☺
  • Posted

Yes I have experienced this new symptom a few times this month. It's on the 66 symptom list so I guess I can now put a check mark next to #41.

I am noticing the few times I've experienced this it can be in different places; sometimes in my hands, sometimes my face is very puffy, jeans are snug in my calfs etc -all NEW. I am trying to be consistent in journaling my symptoms - this helps me to see patterns each month of the new and recurring symptoms that I have.

• Posted

Thank you for your replies ladies. I took a bunch of water pills and chugged water. It helped get rid of the swelling in my legs. This peri stuff sucks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.