Water retention after hip operation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any one had water retention after hip operation 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Where, what do you mean, cannot empty bladder, and or swelling and and around hip and leg.
    • Posted

Can’t empty bladder 

had catheter fitted , just had it removed 4 hrs ago 

unable to passs  water 

look as if going re fit catheter which I find very unpleasant 

wonder what holds out ror the long term?

• Posted

Hi Calrofold,

I could not pee either.  I was in hospital with a catheter 2 days.  Finally, I went.  Don't worry- you will pee!!!

Steven

• Posted

I had this after my revision (Jan 2016) - most embarrassing being fitted up by female nurse and female doctor, but I just wanted to be free of the pain that water retention in the bladder causes. 

I didn't have this problem the first time around (Oct 2015) for the THR, just for the revision 10 weeks later. It was removed the next day when I was OK and has been absolutely fine ever since.

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.