Water sensation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, can someone please help me! I I'm having water sensation feeling over my body all the time. It all started four weeks after c section. It started I'm my foot felt like water in it dam spread to my legs and its all over my body I'm so scared it's going on six months now I got blood tests done they r saying I'm suffering from anxiety but I'm not I'm booked in for a mri in 2 weeks please help if u can

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry you have this. I had the same thing and it started 12 days after a csec. I have some idea of what it is but am still trying to get diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi hun it's horrible I cry everyday cos I don't nó wat I'm dealing with. I have four kids and each time I got the spinal block and only happened after the baby a mate of mine had it in her legs four 7 months I have every were from face to toes X

• Posted

Hi Kelly what does it feel like ,I woke up with tingling like bees buzzing inside my legs it spread to both my knees then my hands within 24 hours I've had it nine stop for 16 months had all tests mri of brain loads of bloods all normal they tell me it's the small nerve fibres that are damaged and are misfiring constant in the last 2 months it's spread to the top of my arms I'm do sick of it it started off 3 months before I got pregnant was slightly milder through pregnancy never spread till now it's horrendous I cry every single day my life is ruined by this

• Posted

I have been told I have small fiber neuropathy. Do you feel any pain with it ? Any burning sensations ?
    • Posted

Just feels like rain drops hitting my skin all the time. Had strong pain in my legs to start of then now and again it feels like cold water running down my legs buttock cheeks
    • Posted

I no it is hard its scary stuff it's not normal to feel these sensations I tried to take my own life over it was hard can't even bound with my baby and when I went to the hospital with it they got social workers on me saying I made it all up even my own mother and Dr. My doctor is looking into it now I wouldn't let it go.

• Posted

Kelly that is absolutely disgusting of your Dr to not believe you I know the pain it is awful the feeling is worse than pain u cannot explain it nobody believes you my Dr's say I'm anxious I feel this 24 hours a day I really feel for u my baby is 5 months it's hard when you've a little one to see to

• Posted

Y wouldn't we b anxious with this going on it destroyed my family my babies saw me crying scared to sleep worrying its not far on them my Dr worrying now cos I told her it's being taking to court now after all the s**t they put me through. I no it hard with a wee baby is this ur 1st baby it's my four baby had all c section with them all git my tubes tied as well. My mam keep on giving out to me that it was postnatal depression which I New it wasn't. My doctor only after putting me on lyric I'm on it 2 days apparently it takes 2 weeks to work

• Posted

Kelly it's my 5th baby this I had all natural I've a 25 20 16 11 and 5 month old this started before I was pregnant I was fine came on overnight ,I've had mri of my brain was clear ,look up small nerve fibre damage it sounds like it's that it can be caused by the body attacking itself do you have it all over I took lyrica for 5 weeks I started having eye twitches and in my upper legs so I've come off it I'm not taking anything at the moment and pain and feeling of buzzing is terrible in my legs take vitamins b12 magnesium omega oils have u had blood tests for diabetes thyroid

• Posted

Hi Dawn,  My painful symptoms started  in 2011, out of the blue, I had pins and needles in both calves and burning under my feet. At first the doctors tried to convince me it was anxiety, I said NO WAY!! I had a ton of bloodwork , 3 EMG-Nerve conduction studies, 3 MRIs brain and spin, spinal tap. Saw 7-8 Neurologist , 3 Rheumatologists right here in New York City (USA), etc. I had a test called the Punch skin biopsy that confirmed I have small fibre neuropathy like you. My symptoms have since progressed to my arms , hands fingers and toes, sometimes I get jabs in my scalp. My symptoms include buzzing, ,tingling, vibratory feelings , burning up and down my legs, jabbing, stabbing, etc. Its horrible, They can not find a cause yet!! So they tell me its Idiopathic (unknown cause)! I want accept that. I take 250 mgs Lyrica and Tramadol as needed. Neither one really helps the pain, This "disease" is hard to dx and difficult to treat.. I tried all the first line meds for this disorder, unfortunately they didn't help or SE's were bad, Lyrica is the only drug I can tolerate.  It has affected my quality of life. I had to stop working. I have grown kids so at least I dont have to worry about that. It affected my relationship with my bf so I live alone with this beast. I also cry everyday.  I had severe anxiety because I was afraid of what was happening to me,  You learn to live with it, If you and Kelly76725 only have "small fiber neuropathy" rest assured that this will not "kill" you. Its not life-threatening but its a horrible way to have too live with such pain. Your right, no one understands, its hard to explain so I feel isolated.  Maybe some of the treatments (meds) and supplements out there will help you both. It does get better with time. Do not think you will die and SFN is more common than you think.

Dawn if your not taking Lyrica what do you take to manage your pain?? Ill like some ideas or suggestions.  Thanks Marie

• Posted

Hi Marie can I ask how old you are, I don't find many ppl who this comes on acute onset Dr's are baffled I'm seeing another neuro tomorrow things are really bad at the moment as it's driving me insane the fear this condition causes is terrible ,since it spread up my arms it's frightening me to death ,I stopped the lyrica as was having tremors and it was doing nothing for this anyway I'm going to ask tomorrow to try cymbalta as a last resort ,this got much much worse after having my daughter in November 8 weeks after it went mad tingling is much worse very severe I take high strength omega ,magnesium, l canitine, selenium and curcumin nothing works to lessen it if I'm honest I just want my body bk I guess we all do big hugs

• Posted

It's got that bad my big toe keeps on going cold but not to touch I'm scared of my life.

• Posted

Have you seen a Neurologist ?

• Posted

Not yet I have to get a mri but it's a 18 mth waiting list in ireland as far as I no ter is only 7 of them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.