Water spray after wee

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have read that lots of you spray a water solution after weeing.

I think it was mixed with baking soda? Can someone please tell me what it is and what sort of ratios?

I have bought some little spray bottles but dont know what to put in them. Lol

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I have a small spray bottle with warm water in it and then add a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda(from the bakery aisle) give it a good shake then add a little more, keep going until you are left with a little powder showing that you now have a saturated solution.

I keep it for several days before renewing. It is quite refreshing having a cooling spray.

• Posted

I have tried salt and bicarb in tbe water but now just use warm water in a bottle for cleaning myself and just pat dry very gently.
  • Posted

I just had a conversation awith my Dr. At my one month after diagnosis/steroid checkup. I leave read on this forum alot about sit baths and such..they are fine but not to over do it. Your lady area needs it's natural moisture,oils,etc.. if you do it she said sparingly.. just clean with water and a mild soap just like you would if you did not have LS.

• Posted

I just use a small water spray bottle with a large pinch of salt.
    • Posted

Hi, if you have an open sore then anything that you spray on it will cause discomfort, other than that its fine.
  • Posted

Hi, I bought a box of packets intended for sinus rinses... so each of the little packets has salt and baking soda that are mixed with a few ounces of water to make a solution that is healthy for mucus membranes.  I have used it in a squirt bottle after urinating or before bed.  I figure it might be good to bring those packets out in my purse if I need them on the road. Not cheap and not ecologically ideal, but if there is someone that really needs to rinse, it might be an option.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.