Water, water, more water...

Posted , 2 users are following.

My crushed large stone is finally starting to pass. Without the strainer, I wouldn’t know. I’m not a big fan of water, but I have to say that it has helped. Also, someone in a kidney stone blog mentioned using some ibuprohen or naproxen to cut down any swelling in or near the stent. That has helped immensely, and the real “tough” pain meds didn’t touch a thing!! So that’s my advice. Still have a lot of discomfort, but not anything like it was.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am not a big fan of water either but In have been told to drink 8 glasses (or mugs) every day.

That is a real struggle for me but if it keeps the kidney stones at bay that is the thing I have to do.

Sarah

• Posted

I agree. Good thing the weather is finally warmer, so I can at least tolerate drinking more water. Also, my brother went through this 3 times that I didn’t know about. He said to stay away from diet cola. He used to drink it alot, and I’d have at least one every day. So soda is out for me; although they did give me ginger ale in the hospital.
  • Posted

Ginger ale! You lucky thing I love ginger. Which hospital was that? I'll see if I can go there next time!!!

Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.