Watery diarrhoea and rash for 2 weeks..

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been suffering from constant diarrhea for the last 2 weeks. It has been very loose and watery.

Also a rasied-skin rash has appeared in the last three days in hands/ elbow/ legs/ top of feet area.

Raised white-pink "welts", as shown in pictures. Very itchy but only flares up morning and evening bedtime. Rest of the day its fine.

As far as I know I have no allergies or intolerance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I suspect you have eaten something unusual 2 weeks ago that was either less than fresh or something your body has reacted to like an allergy.     Shellfish can cause this sort of reaction but it could be anything.  Think back to what you may have eaten which was unusual.   You may still be eating the offending item of food...have you introduced something into your diet that you eat every day? Even "over the counter" medicines?  Allergies can develop quite quickly even if you think you have none.   

If this is making you feel ill,or possibly unsteady on your feet due to losing essential salts like sodium and potassium, then you should see a doctor,but please dont get dehydrated...make sure you drink plenty of water.. You could also try taking antihistamines daily to help with the rash.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.