Watery discharge after menapause

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have been experiencing watery discharge and am post menapausal any one else have this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am perimenopausal and have experience this water discharge from time to time. I think it might be hormonal but not sure. Also online it says it could be bacterial vaginosis. I have been experiencing some irritation down there (and had the watery discharge today) and should probably get it looked at but since this happened to me about a year ago and I went to Dr. and got it all checked out, tests came back fine, so it either went away on own or is mild that it didn't show up.

Cheryl

• Edited

Yes! As i type this! I will cramp like I'm ovulating then feel something and rush to bathroom and its nothing but a very watery discharge. Of course i wasn't having this symptom back in July when I last saw my gyn for a hysteroscopy.

Also my bloodwork says I'm menopausal but it still hasn't been a complete 12 months without a bleed of some type.

You're not alone.

• Posted

You definitely need to get it checked. Any discharge after menopause is not considered the norm .... don't worry but just get it checked so you can put your mind at ease.

it probably is hormonal but you don't want to put off going to the doctor in case something else is going on.

• Posted

Not sure what you are saying is there any brownish color with it can you describe a little more into detail Not sure if I get what you are saying or not and I am post meno.

• Posted

if there is brownish color and you are post menopause, you will need to go to the gyno and have a couple of tests. I had the same thing and had both a pelvic and transvag ultrasound (came back normal) followed by an endometrial biopsy.

it is more than likely nothing to be worried about but you need to rule out anything more serious.... and if you do it at the first sight of anything suspicious you can get it taken care of straight away.

• Posted

Not to be too gross, but is there a smell? Do you feel any burning or discomfort? Like Cher says, it could be bacterial vaginosis or another infection. There is an over the counter test in the US for this. It's by the same famous company that does the OTC yeast infection medicine. I just used it to test because I had some discharge and burning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.