waves of depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there been on cit now 11wks and feel a lot better...except for the waves of depression. ..I'm ok 1 minute then the next it's on me again tends to happen more wen I'm alone at work my mind just wanders lol

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I find I'm more depressed on a morning when my anxiety is worst. I worry about things a lot more and this leads to depression it's like a vicious circle.

Have you been on the same dosage the whole 11 weeks ?

Lisa

• Posted

Hi Lisa I was on 10mg The 1st week then 20mg for ten weeks...cit is a marvellous med I was in such a state wen I started it but they are good ppl on this forum who wrote some reassuring words...It is tough but u do get through it...I'm normally fine on a morning just the mid afternoon is a bit up n down also my mind just wanders thinking silly things but getting better hope ur nearly there...take care....Ethan
    • Posted

I've been on 20mg for 5 weeks and 30 for 2 weeks, I just want to be me again.

This is my 4th time on cit so I know it works but I never had any side effects the last 3 times so I don't know what's going on this time

• Posted

Yeah exactly I just want to be me again,I'm getting there just a few hiccups along the way...... my doc put me on 30mg but I never went up to it as I thought 20 would do.... there were times I was gonna go up like but just pushed through it....I can so light now at the end of the tunnel instead of just darkness you take care now and I hope u get there too ok Lisa 😆
    • Posted

Thank you Ethan

You don't know what to do for the best do you and the drs don't seem to know either ! Go up, stay the same or go down it's like a big guessing game

I think lack of sleep causes depression too I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a night and that's been going on for 7 weeks now

Take care

• Posted

Sleep..wats that ...not had a decent nights kip since I stopped drinking with taking these meds lol ....oh I quit smoking to so had that to deal with nicotine withdraw lol.....but c:est la vie as the Canadians say...hope to chat again sometime
    • Posted

I wish I could stop smoking, this carry on us making me smoke more !

I feel sometimes as if I have no emotion and I find I am unable to cry ... Maybe that's a good thing.

I'm off to try a reiki session, hope it does some good

• Posted

Ive only been on them a fortnight, but cant make out if I feel better or not.  One minute Im ok, next Im not.  Got to go back to gp next week.  I dont like the reviews of withdrawals and also the weight gain.  

Hope you get sorted out.  

Keep us posted.

• Posted

That does seem quite normal being up and down whilst recovering on these meds.  Takes a long time for the downs to get less and less and eventually fade altogether.

Mornings were my worst time - probably because when I woke I'd groan at the thought of yet another day to have to get through.  When I recovered, the mornings were the last thing to improve.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.