Waves of feeling faint and actually fainted twice in 2weeks apart.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Two weeks ago on Monday night I went to bed as normal and just as I was drifting off I had palpitations continuously till early hours of the morning. I actually fainted and had dioriah once but hardly nothing. I thought at first it could have been a bug or food poisoning but as days went by I kept feeling a wave come over me like that wave you get when your about to be sick but without the sickness part. I had a moment where it was so intense that my brain felt like it would explode and I couldn’t think at all as it was happening. It lasted around 30seconds then eased off. I’ve had an ecg at the hospital and bloods which both came back fine.  Two nights ago however I had dioriah again but then I felt an overwhelming feeling of light headed ness and fell to the floor and woke up with the same pressure in my head as discribed before so an ambulance came out to me did ecg was fine temp fine. I felt like I was going to faint again while the paremedic was there. I’ve seen a gp who has put me on propanalol 10mg to try every time I felt this way with no results. I went back and saw a diff gp who said 10mg is a tiny dose and would have little effect so put me on 40mg three times a day. This was yesterday and I took two 40mg 4hours apart. I felt ok for a bit managed to get to sleep but woke with butterflies in my stomach so I started to take the 10mg today and so far I’ve had 60mg throughout the day and was sat listening to head space app meditation was all relaxed then the wave came over me I wasn’t even thinking about it. I may have been subconsciously aware maybe. Then I started to worry about it and have felt worried of fainting since. I feel ok as I’m writing this on the floor but I don’t know if all of this is stress related because prior to that Monday night two weeks ago when it all started I have been stressed at everything even small things like losing my temper over people driving or parking in the wrong place my two children who are 6 and 2. Who fight and winge a lot. Work. My mother saying the wrong thing all the time putting me down. Now when I’m around the kids I feel faint and worse. I’ve never suffered with anxiety and I don’t get an increased heart rate or hyperventilate when I panic I’m pretty chilled when it happens I just worry and worry about taking such a high dose of propranolol even though it may help if I did. But when I did take the 40mg within 4hours apart my heart rate dropped to 45-55 bpm I felt relaxed but worried. I’m 33 years old and am feeling tired and on edge all the time now of feeling faint. Has all the stress I’ve built up for so long caught up with me and made me this way or is there an underlining condition I need to be concerned about and can I feel safe taking 40mg of prop three times a day even though my resting heart rate before ever taking it was 55-65 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.