Wavy feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Whenever I lie down or sit down and go on my phone I start to become bait dizzy, not that I loose my balance but my head/body feels,like it is spinning or moving, I'm fine when I'm up on my feet and walking about tho, I've had this for about a week and it does seem to be improving day by day, does anyone know what this could be? I should add that it has happened once or twice when not on my phone but the main problem does seem to come from staring at my phone 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean. It seems as if you have Vertigo. Do you spin more on either side or sitting still? I've been suffering for 2 months with it. There are exercises you can do to stop the spinning. Go on Youtube and type in Vertigo, it will show you a video that someone from this site recommend for me. Its by a Dr. Foster. I pray it helps you feel better.
  • Posted

Hi thanks for that and to be honest I think it may be a little worse on the left side but I wouldn't be a 100 percent ! But thanks for the info there I'll give it ago smile
    • Posted

Your're welcome. Mine is worse on tje right side. Its the crystals in the inner ear are out of place. That's why you are spinning an may even feel nauseous. The spinning attacks I have gone thru made me vomit. But, I'm telling you. That exercises made me feel better instantly. She also explains to you what's happening. I am now experiencing half spins while I'm laying back or turn to the right. Its still nothing like it was before I saw the video.... I couldn't drive, eat, sleep. There a few medication you can take to help with the spinning. I take meclizine. Its others that your doctor may prescribe for you. Tomorrow I will have an ENG test done to figure out why I'm still having the half spins and a terrible dull headache all day long.
    • Posted

Ahh right yours do sound much worse tbh!  It looks like I'm getting used to looking at a screen again no although it still throws me off slightly just hoping it goes away relatively quick, and good luck with that I hope all goes well
    • Posted

Only do the exercises under medical supervision! My GP did them with me and had to help me out of surgery to my husband! I felt terrible and was physically sick! It was day after I felt a little better
  • Posted

I have been suffering for a month now got so bad I am booked into the doctors tomorrow hopefully to get somewhere every morning I wake up the room moves I sit up the same that's the start I can be talking to people and suddenly the room starts swaying and moving I hate bending down its now started to affect sometimes when I walk so time for the doctors sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.