Way better after Vit D

Posted , 2 users are following.

While posting last year in this forum sorting out my GS problems, I realized no doctor on my three years of feeling bad tested my vit D despite the matching symptoms like fatigue, body pain etc. Only this year through my second or third endocrinologist I found out to be insufficient.

I was prescripted 1000 IU per day but took 5000 for most of the treatment by its safety and wanting to feel better faster. After six months of supplementation I went from 26ng/ml to 92, which looks little since I "overdosed" but improved so much my health: less fatigue and pain, better sleep, feeling more productive in years! The real kick was one of my relatives telling me I looked less dead compared to months before (so I was really tired and it wasn't my mind). Also my zinc improved despite no diet changes or other reason to explain it.

Now at two months after stopping the treatment I'm feeling such symptoms slightly returning again (doesn't help to have a darker skin), but now I'm prepared against and knowing not all my problems are directly related to gilbert syndrome.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.