Way too much folic acid in my diet?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I use cronometer to track my micronutrients. I'm pretty meticulous about it and like to make sure I'm getting everything I need. I eat a lot of veg and I keep going WAY over the RDA for Folic Acid by like 500% some days, which I know too much Folate in the diet can be toxic. I don't know how I can avoid this with how much veg I consume. If I decrease my veg then I miss my targets for other nutrients, its frustrating. I spend a lot of time trying to perfect my diet, I'm basically obsessed with nutrition and have much more of a "functional" relationship with food, as opposed to eating to enjoy. Anyone else using cronometer on here? Any advice on how to reduce folic acid consumption without having to drastically reduce my veg intake? The average RDA for folic acid is 400 micrograms, today I've had 1785.1.. (yikes)

(Also irrelevant side issue) calcium is another difficult mineral to get enough of. Bok choy is probably my best source as I don’t do dairy. But I try my best to meet my targets through veg and I only end up consuming mass amounts of Folate. Sighhhh. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.