Ways to come off of valium

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on 30mgs for four years. Let's help each other.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey Josh

Withdrawal symptoms are more likely to occur in people who choose to go off of Valium suddenly or who stop taking Valium cold turkey. However, doctors recommend that you withdraw from Valium under medical supervision in all cases. It is recommend as you are reducing your Valium intake to have weekly face-to-face meeting so a physician is monitoring the process.

One of the key ways to treat withdrawal symptoms of Valium is to first slowly reduce medication intake and taper off Valium. Slow tapering helps with depression and insomnia. Then you can support symptomatic reactions to the withdrawal. It is important to be careful with over the counter and prescription medications used to help with the symptoms and that they do not interact negatively with the diazepam contained in Valium. During Valium withdrawal, you should also avoid the use of alcohol and other drugs to prevent further chemical dependency. Seek a doctor’s opinion on other ways to alleviate potential withdrawal symptoms from Valium.👍

• Posted

Hey Ashley

I'm just so scarred when a new symptom hits me. I feel weak...i guess I am really just want to be there for my son. I've come off so well a few times three exactly and then the symptoms got really bad so I took just one extra. Butter then I blacked out and forgot I took it until I took another blacked out and started with the wine

I might not survive another episode. But the valium is a must to even get out of bed I'm kinda worried.

• Posted

Oh mysad Tapering off Valium is... Hard. But you can do it. You should not stop it cold turkey or even go quickly. Continue to taper slow until you are on very small amounts. At that point, you can stop. However stopping it too quickly can cause seizures, so remember, slow and steady... Alcohol and Benzos don't mix. It can cause a dangerous interaction. Don't drink wine. Google search, "The Ashton Manual." It's a Detox program. Hope this helps.👍🙌

• Posted

Its important that you talk to your Doctor about tapering off Valium. The Valium affects your memory no wonder you forgot that you took the dose. sad Benzo Withdrawals are best treated under the care of medical staff at a detox center. There, the physician can stabilize the symptoms and lessen the effects of withdrawal. Talk to your Doctor and get support while detoxing from a spouse or a therapist.👍Benzo withdrawal are worst than heroin withdrawal. Good Luck🙏Get help for you think about your son. You want to be there for him.👏

• Posted

Hey Ashley I am aware of the seizures issue as I I am epileptic. One reason i got on it in the first place. Butter I gotta up then neither more. Then again and again and again. Gonna be done sooner or later. I beer oxy a couple years back. Compacted to that this seems insane. Really scary actually. Butter I am gonna go down to 28 mg tonight lettuce you know how it goes. Thanks for the support.
  • Posted

Hi Josh l am tapering off valium at the minute myself and to be honest with you l am petrified however I know it is the only option l have as l am in withdrawal everyday due to the fact l am tolerant to the dose l am on and l will not go any higher as it will happen again.l am on 6.5 mgs down from 7.5mgs.l have reduced half a 1mg over 2 months.l will be doing it very slowly and steadily.l don't care how long it takes l will do it in the end.

• Posted

I get the whole thing about be on it and in w/d's at the same time as well same thing with me. I'm gonna go down to 28mg tonight let's see how it goes. I have read a lot of b.s. on a lot of threads so I'm gonna have to get off of this my own way I'm my own Ginny pig...

• Posted

Ok. Ready to stop whining and do it. I found some excellent advice and got in early to see my phsy. Doctor. These diet changes and other advice will be and already has been helping. I posted my email address off you want to get more information then email me. I believe it will work coming of 30mgs in a little over five months!
    • Posted

Glad to see you are feeling more positive.Keep going and take it at your own pace.
    • Posted

Sorry I have seizures and I was worried about that happening when I started to come off of valium. However I found that being on such a high dose 30mgs that I can initially coining off are higher doses. Last night I had no issue with sleep well some strange dreams butter I have dropped to 25 mg. As my dose gets lower my tapering will also be slower. Hopefully my newbie experience helps other. I came off heroin but this is a real problem compared to that.
    • Posted

I think you are dropping too quickly slow it down a bit and give yourself a chance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.