WBC in Urine but no Infection?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

In August i started having cramp like pains in my tummy and groin area, i wasn't having to pee more than normal and it wasnt sore to pee.

Doctor checked my urine and said that blood was present, he gave me a two week course of antibiotics and tested my urine again after the tablets had finshed, WBC were no longer present.

Then last week I started feeling the pain in my tummy again, the Dcotor tested my urine and said that again there were WBC in the urine and gave me anitbiotics.  However the lab are saying that for both this sample and the last that the WBC aren't inflammed therfore its not an infection. The dcotor doesn't seem to know what the problem is and suggests we may do more investigation.

The antibiotics are again working and I have no pain or any other sysmptons.    I have to return in 2 weeks to have urnie tested again.

I suffere from health anxiety and I am completely stressed about this thinking all the worst possible senarios.

Any suggestions and thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

what is the name of the antibiotics, this may give information for other people more knowledgeable than me. My advice is be assertive, ask questions, take someone with you. My thoughts are with you.

• Posted

Hun last Monday I went to wee wiped and there was blood it had been going on a few days, so Tuesday I went to see the dr I had blood when she tested it too, she did a swab test for cancer and sti infections came back clear, again still bleeding went again blood still had bloods done and urine sent away to be told all fine no infection, today I feel sick and generally tired I have to call and see dr again.  I am going ask them to refer me to the hospital because it scares me too as I have a disabiled child to care for. I would ask they swab test you for your peace of mind x
    • Posted

Hi,

When you say swabs, do you mean like a pap/smear test? I didn't get that tested ( I'm due one in February) but my Doctor did send me for a scan of my ovaries which showed everything to be fine.

I'm still getting mild shooting pains in my tummy but my doctor is starting to think it could be related to my hip where Ive had pain from for years, ever since having my second child.

Dr has also told me to drink more water as dehydration and new unusual exercise can lead to blood showing in your urine ( I've started Pilates).

I thought it could be related to my kidneys (my dad had kidney cancer) but I've no other symptoms and Dr spent 10 minutes examining my abdomen, then asked another Dr to do the same.

I'm there again next week so I'm hoping things will all be normal. I hope you've to things sorted out, it's so stressful, and as the Dr keeps telling me, stress in itself makes you ill. Xx

• Posted

Hi well today I have started the same bleeding again the same date as last month just red blood when I wipe stomach feels achy but not period pains, I had a swab taken and bloods all was fine again,  they tested kidneys and liver as my mum had kidney failure, so I'm thinking could be my age as I'm 40 had problems with periods for years will have to ask dr again x hugs to you too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.