We all seem to have the same symptoms, but does anyone have an answer

Posted , 7 users are following.

On reading through this forum there are a lot of us in chronic pain with apparently no known reason.  I am really suffering at the minute with sharp stabbing and burning pain all around upper midriff, under breasts and around ribs.  I have posted before am 58, female and live in UK.  I suffer with IBS, Diverticular and GERD and am at a loss to know which one of these is causing my symptoms.  I have seen GP on several occasions, they press down sternum and all around ribs, saying "oh you are tender" when I am tensed up with pain.  I have been told it is probably gastritis, but offered no help, treatment or advise, then it could be arthritis which I have in my neck and upper back from years of typing or costocondritis causing referred pain.  All around my underarms, tops of chest wall, skin on breasts and all around ribs underneath are agony, even the slightest touch causes pain.  Is this inflammation or pain from acid, could GERD/Reflux cause this much pain?  I have upped my esomeprazole with no relief, I take buscopan and mebeverine, with little relief.  I cannot take ibuprofen and paracetamol is useless.  I had an abdominal scan 6 months ago which showed thickening of stomach and fundus, when Googled, you get Cancer.  But GP and report says thickening probably due to collapsed stomach as I could not eat before the scan and stomach was empty.  I have had this pain on and off for years now, getting worse so if it was cancer I think I would have gone long ago.  I just need to know how others are managing this pain and if your GP is more interested than mine and given you help.  Thanks for reading

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi.. I understand how you feel, I have been suffering from severe H

Pylori induced gastritis for 6 months and counting. I have little improvement with Aciphex 20mg which doctor prescribed for 8 weeks im still waiting patiently to see the end of this suffering.. I advise you to have endoscopy done and have a test for h.pylori. But before then follow some lifestyle changes no spicy foofs citrus , smoking and alcohol

. Hopely we get better soon.

• Posted

Hi, I am going to ask for an endoscopy to find out what is going on.  I did have test for H P the last time I had this, even though I was in agony they could see nothing, doesn't make sense.  I am being careful what I eat as well.  I have had this on and off for about 5 years now, but starting to get worse or maybe I am fed up feeling Yuk,  Trouble is I have a really high pain threshold and just put up with things.  Take care

• Posted

My parents are both over 60s and that's why I've read your post from top to bottom. I am not in anyway a medical practitioner, but sometimes some medicines can make people sicker if you know what I mean. Like I had an infection before, took this big pill, and after a day or two of taking, I felt really sick and started throwing up (reflux). I hope you feel better soon. This statement maybe lame compared to the degree of pain you suffer from. On a brighter note, there's one product I've recently reviewed on my website. But I can't explain here well the effectivity of that. It's all natural, vegetarian and Gluten Free. There's a doctor speaking in a video to explain why one should take it. My mom has a weak stomach, but she doesn't really get sick for many years now. It's probably because she eats bland food, and cleanses often. Again I hope you and the others here in this forum with the same problem would find one solution soon. By the way, you can check this link here to listen to Dr. Murphy ?

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, I often think that my PPIs are doing more harm than good after all this time, but if I stop I am back to square one. I put Dr Murphy in Google and couldn't find anything, shame they deleted the link.

• Posted

The thickenning might be as a result of gastritis or crohn's disease.. Get proper evaluation but before then, be taking aloe vera juice it helps reduce inflammations and also help digestive proccess.

• Posted

Hi, I have tried various forms of aloe juice but unfortunately it burns my stomach so had to stop taking it.  I do use slippery elm which helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.