we are not scroungers

Posted , 4 users are following.

We are not lazy

We are living with a chronic condition called fibromyalgia

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No Kaz we are certainly not! This conditions ruins the life we once had and can be very debilitating. Who's upset you today Hun? Xx
    • Posted

Hi gizmo1963 my mother in law making me feel guilty and bad for not working. she doesnt like it the fact that her son is my working full time and having to take care of me I do my best at what I can do but alot does fall on my hubby I feel bad about that. My gp refuses to sign me fit for work. shes told me Im not capeable of working my mobility is very poor so is my concentration I had to have a memory test lasy year they my gp thought something more could be going on like Alzimers sad when I saw the memory person she had see 8 people all with fibro that were having the same problem. the other day I put milk in the conditiong compartment of the washer and conditioner in my tea? no hope for me hehe
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, have you given her information about our condition? My husband works and I too lad to stop working last year as I pushed myself soooo far that my body crashed and I was so exhausted and in so much pain plus memory and concentration really bad I was almost bed ridden for a year. I'm arthritic too. My illness then got worse and I'm hypothyroi, high BP high cholesterol, cfs. Please do not let this happen to you. My poor hubby does so much for me now and all my friends have watched me go through this. She is just ignorant of this condition which when menopausal has even worse hormonal effects. Maybe she can come and help look after you rather than moan? If it was the other way round would you not care for her? Sending you gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi gizmo Ive tried explainig to her till Im blue in the face every oppertunity its digs digs and more digs. shes 86 this year hun to be honest with you anything she has ever helped with has been thrown in our faces. so I wouldnt want her help. shes never liked me and didnt want her son to marry me. as she didnt feel I was good enough for him all because I had 2 children out of wedlock weve come close to splitting up because of his mom interfering in our marriage.my husband has to use a days holid to takeme to appointments she doesnt like him doing that. Put up with her for my husbands sake I would look after her if it was the other way round take care gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Thats the difference between the kind and caring person you are compared to her! We all have a past - my children to not belong to my husbant but he adores them as if they are his own. His mother was a lovely woman too so I guess I was lucky there. You have a good husband and that is who matters. You have enough to deal with so youve got to try and ignore her if you can - easier said than done eh hugs and xxxs
    • Posted

I do try hun but not always easy when your feeling low I have as little as possible to with her. shes suppose to be a christian but her treatment of me isnt very christian? take care gentle hugs xxx 
  • Posted

Absolutely your NOT nor are you mentally ill, they love to throw that at you too. You may benefit from drugs in that department but not because you are mentally ill some do help in a physical condition too, I was born with a slight imperfection of my connective tissue Hypermobile look up EDSIII or EDSHT then have got a connective tissue disease Sjogren's 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.