we are reviewing your benefit claim .home visit

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have received a letter saying I have a home visit for a review on my benefits has anyone had June of these visits and was all ok ? 

Have to wait two weeks for the visit and it's going to make me ill ..

i am on indefinite Dla and other benefits 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun x

I've never been through this but I'm sure somebody on here will know try not to worry yourself to much I know it's easier said than done with these benefits! But try and stay calm and everything should be good . Xx

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Have you actually have filled out the PIP forms?  only I was wondering if the home visit was in response to what yoy put in the application.  

• Posted

Does the letter give any explanation as to why they are coming to do a review on your benefits.  I know the rules are that a person will carry on getting DLA if they were 65 or over on 8 April 2013, (which I missed out by just a few weeks) but I didn't realise they were doing reviews like this. 

• Posted

No explanation what so ever . I am only in my 50s

They want all sorts of documentation and it's saying to check I am getting right benefits

No explanation on website either

• Posted

Even If you were to phone them, I don't expect you would find out any more.   

I'm surprised someone on here hasn't come across this before.  Hang on in there Mandy. x

• Posted

Hi,

did your letter mention a 'compliance officer'?  if so it's like a polite investigation.  if it states 'interview under caution' then it's lega.  you'll need to show all financial documents and prob they suspect someone living with you if you're on your own.

Don't worry too much, but you could give them a call and ask what it's in relation to.  But, don't worry.

• Posted

Hi,

I wonder if this is a new initiative to keep us on our toes. Unless there is a request for a Ho e visit why offer one. I could understand it if you had made the request because they had asked you to file for pip. Wonder if anyone else will be offered home visits, wait to see I suppose.

Mike.

• Posted

No request Mae by myself and no firms to fill in for pip . Just concerned and was hoping Someone on here has had same experience and what the outcome was ?

Thanks Mike

• Posted

I've had two interviews.  They were many years ago and I can't remember the wording on the letters.  

The first was at home.  A man came round, asked me to show bank statements and about my health - I had recently come out of hospital.  He looked round my flat and asked why I had a computer.  I think he thought I was working from home but I explained I had been studying before I became ill.  He seemed quite friendly.  That worked out very well as he discovered I'd been underpaid on something and he got it all sorted out for me.

The second was an interview in the job centre.  That was much more formal with two people interviewing me.  They believed I had done some work while claiming benefits - I had.  I'd tried to get my benefits stopped and kept the job centre informed but they hadn't acted on this information.  It was easy to explain what had happened and I told them that the overpayment had already been recovered.  They didn't know this.  They went away, looked into it, and accepted that I shouldn't have been called in.

Mine were nothing to worry about.  Are you obviously disabled?  Just wondered if someone who doesn't understand disabilty might have reported you.  I imagine this is more likely with invisible disabilities.  If that is the case I expect you'll just need to explain your situation.  If they believed you'd done something wrong or had investigated any reports against you and had evidence they would be interviewing you under caution.

Do you claim as a single person?  If so is there any chance that they might think you are living with someone?

It might not be anything like this.  It's quite possible that you've just been unfortunate and been randomly picked to have your benefits checked.

• Posted

Performance Measurement Review.

Hi,

Apparently the dwp can perform a home visit on anyone at anytime when you are receiving benefits.

It is completely random and is to measure the overall performance of dwp benefits payments. Wage slips, bank/building society payments etc, etc.

Try not to get to worked up, if you have nothing to hide look on the bright side, you may get more benefits. Hope this helps, mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.