We had a baby 2 years back, after that my wife has developed thyroid, weakness & piles.

Posted , 5 users are following.

She is not able to get up early or do light exercise, any help?

She is currently taking medicines for thyroid and its at border line,my child sleeps at 1:00 am and gets up at 9:00 am so does my wife. Since she is not doing any exercise or anything to take care of her health its affecting her a lot.We have tried yoga as well, but she loses interest in everything.  This days i feel she has become very weak and not able to do anything with interest.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Vinaymcp

What a horrible place to be in

What are doctors doing.They must act better for your wife.

Have you contact with care worker.health visitor or some kind of care .worker.

Are you in UK

Please ask for help.professional help from a doctor.

Sorry not much help.

Try take care of yourself.

• Posted

Hypothyroidism can cause depression.. even borderline hypothyroidism.  When I was seeing my GP for my hypotyroidism, he said I good as long as my TSH was in range.  I knew sonething was wrong, as I still felt awful and I also could not get out of bed and had lost interest in everything.  It was very hard to function.  Well, I asked to be referred to and endo doctor that specializes in thyroid issues and he told me that most patients don't feel better until their TSH is around 1.00.  So, he slowly kept raising my Levo and my TSH went from 5.00 to 0.95 and I feel amazing.  I got all my energy back and feel motivated now.  So, I would suggest you get your wife to an endo doctor also.  You need to find one that will treat the symptoms rather then look at the numbers.  She has a long road ahead of her as you do also.  By the time I got my endo appointment, it took a year to finally get my TSH to where he wanted it and to where I felt good.  They have to raise it slowly and then wait months before raising it again to get your body adjusted.  Please be patient with your wife.  This is not her fault.  Depression and other hypothyroidism symptoms are not fun.   It sucks the soul right out of ya.  It's nice to hear that you are looking for help for your wife and supporting her.  Your amazing!  I know it's hard on you also.  Hang in there and best wishes to you and your wife.

• Posted

I am only slightly under where I should be and have those same symptoms. Really hard to live with. y doctor is quite knowledgable about this. Even with the light dose of meds, he and my pharmacist say it will be about six weeks until I more normal. Then he may want to tweek the meds a bit to make it perfect.

So get her to someone for help as soon as possible. It is a miserable place to be. She is so very fortunate to have you supporting her. Not everyone has that. She WILL be okay. Just get her where she can be helped and assured that she will be fine.

My sister, mother of four was a basket case until she got on the right meds....what a change. She got her life back. Hugs to you, Honey

• Posted

Wow, your wife is so me in the "loses  interest in everything". I don't know if this is thyroid related or not but I've been feeling the same since this year. I have a lot of commitments made but minimum to nothing was done. I even tried to go to the gym for some light exercise but it was only for a day.

Nothing can be done but self-help if I wanted to become better and healthier. The drive to be better must come from your wife's inner self, and she can make you, your child and your family as a driving force. My mom or dad tries to exercise with me so that I would actually do it, and I'm being supported by the meals I'm given by my family - I'm trying gluten-free diet (whether it helps my thyroid or not, I'm not sure, but it's healthier).

Don't give up in encouraging your wife to live a healthier, better and active life. You may engage the whole family so that she'd be inspired.

God bless.

• Posted

gluten free will help...if you are gluten intolerant. Grains are not a friend of a thyroid not working right.

You can google foods that help hypothyroid and foods that make it worse. That has helped a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.