We joke about it,but who worries that brain fog is something more?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone, I really need some feedback on this if anyone can help. Im starting to get worried and quite depressed about my inability to cope with anything remotely stressful or tiring without completely losing the plot. This has been getting worse over the last few years. I tire easily and stress easily,cry easily and completely zone out. Last weekend i had to deal with a stressful situation and i handled the bulk of it ok,but i was utterly exhausted,i could barely remember my own name and i just wanted to curl up in a corner( in the middle of A&E reception!!) i was actually scared because i needed help getting a taxi and i ended up being " looked after" by a security guard. i felt so out of it and vunerable and just ill and weepy. Thing is i honestly felt like i could have dementia or something. i couldn' t think , when anyone asked me a question my brain went totally blank. This happens everytime i get really tired, and add some stress and im fit for nothing! Is this common with fibromyalgia? Its a horrible feeling.

I did need rescuing!

ANYONE ELSE GET LIKE THIS??? Thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it scares me too but comes and goes.. i will have good days and bad days but at times i get really scared and upset that something is seriously wrong with me and the doctors are missing it.. I dont have much advice for you but just letting you know you're not alone.. It really sucks living life like this i just want to be normal:(

• Posted

Sucks the life out of you and it's hell on earth. Docs don't help as they just don't know how to deal with this. Between sleep and pain I think we just have to make the most of it. Tried everything...pain clinic you name I have done it. As I always say tomo is another day. Take care n I hope you get the help. x

• Posted

Hi Lilly it's a'll part of it I get real foggy with can't think of the simpleist of words sometimes and my family don't understand what I am going through they like to correct me until I get cranky with them. I do retreat some days it is so frustrating not being my old self can't do half the things I use to do I'm having a flare with GCA on 50mg pred from 10mg been on it for 3 days start reduce back in 4 days the rise has made a difference or it could be my PMR or Fibromalgia who knows I hate this new life but got no choice but to cope with it. I've had this for 2 years over it. yes the brain fog sometimes makes me feel like I am starting to get dimentia cause I am looking for words.

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Its comforting to know its not just me. X

• Posted

Hi Lillychiff, in the words of the late and great Michael Jackson "you are not alone"

Yes sadly this is Fibro. My stress levels have been so bad I can't find words, forget my students names, and can't focus, and zone out. It will pass. I have had some great months and now I am back to the pain. But we're all here on this platform to help each other anyway we can x

• Posted

Hi Lillychiff, I have the same issues you have. Am searching for words all the time. Scares me to death sometimes. Plus my mom died of dementia last year so that adds to my fear. I think we just have to keep reminding ourselves of why we have this. No matter how many times we read about the symptoms I sometimes think we are our own worst enemy. For me, the more I think about it the worse I am. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Lilly,

You are not on your own. I questioned the same because I can't think of simple words when I'm trying to talk and it's getting progressively worse. I don't talk to the girls in work about my fibro so they must think I'm stupid as I take ages to spit words out. I'm in the middle of applying for a promotion which I should be well able for however, I doubt my brain will work at the interview so I'm really considering pulling out.

This is really getting me down as it's getting worse not just staying the same. I'm 34 and feel 80 😔 I take omeaga 3,6,9 but I see no difference in my memory.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.