We must never give up!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm in a very dark place at the moment.I've suffered with anxiety for over a decade.My life is a mess, but i'm working on it.It's such a boring illness.If you have a broken arm, then you get sympathy. Tell people you are struggling with anxiety and you get a look of confusion.I think there is more awareness than there used to be.There needs to be more research/funding for mental health needs.I will keep on fighting the battle.It's time to change! I wish you all well.Keep battling!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Mental health is so hard because you cannot see it on the outside. Keep strong, you have people in your corner! And it's ok to have bad days, reach out to us!
  • Posted

Hi viper......I wholeheartedly agree with what you said.

People think it's just a matter of "giving yourself a shake" or "snap out of it",

if only some people could walk it our anxious shoes for a day or two, the maybe they would have a better understanding.

But your right, it is such a boring illness. I'd much rather have the broken arm or leg any day.

Keep fighting the good fight.

John

• Posted

Only people who have suffered anxiety will ever understand how debilitating an illness it is  and I kind of understand because I understand all the reasons for the awful physical symptoms,I understand that it will not kill me and the need to keep your thoughts away from your anxiety , but I still panic  so if I do not understand why I cannot control it how is anyone who has been lucky enough to have never suffered this horrible illness supposed to understand it . At least we have each other for support 
  • Posted

Thank you for all your kind hearted replies.
  • Posted

Im going to tell you the truth about people in general. Even if you has a seeable illness people judge you. Chronic illness is a tuen off to people, anything disfiguring is judged. There are some cold hard people out there that are like that. There are many who are scared that can be them and many have full plates of stress themselves. How anyone reacts or treats you is on them. Its rarely going to be about you. I kniw that not comforting but its the teuth. I used to think that and now i have some real issues that are clear and obvious and still people are cold or hard. Not all people, but it seems to be the nature of the typjcal person.
  • Posted

Hugs to You!! Stay Strong And Keep Battling...Ur An Overcomer! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.