We think this is Lichen Sclerosus and we are not sure what to do. Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I am not a doctor but I would say yes. This is what my genitals look like and I have LS.

Does it burn or itch?

• Posted

I also have vitiligo so I thought it just spread to my genitals. So didn’t think anything of it. My doctor also thought it was just vitiligo. Took 6 visits to figure it out and it was a dermatologist that finally made the diagnosis. The burning was unbearable.

• Posted

Blessings!

at first glance it looks like vitiligo. How ever LS appears similar with a few differences. Not trying to put race in this but, i thought i was alone. Left feeling like an alien when I'd discuss it with family and friends.

Do the lighter area become inflamed or tender to touch?

Though i am not a doctor, to me it looks like vitiligo do to the smoothness of the area.

I'll submit pics of mine and you'll what im talking about. imageimage

• Posted

I can't tell if your discoloration is on your vulva or around your vagina. The lighter areas don't become inflamed but are very sensitive. It appears that your discoloration is minimal which is good. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.