Weak and no energy. Is it normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Ive been on prozac now for about 5 weeks. It still has not helped me much, but luckily the worst initial symptoms are gone(headaches ect). The only problem is that iam very tired all the time and have no energy to do anything. Even getting out of bed is a struggle. Even if i sleep 10 hours in the night i would still feel tired the next day. also i feel very weak and when i do excersise my legs are always numb and feels wobbly. Is it normal to feel like this on the medication or should i be worried that there might be something else wrong?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That is extremely normal. This is such a slow recovery and medicine. It can take months, and I mean 4-6 for some, even longer. Just hang in there, you will make it. Rewiring your brain exhausts your body. It has taken me 6 months just to get over most of the symptoms of depression. 2 steps forward 1 step back, that's the reality. Don't give up, hang in there

• Posted

Hi Ron. Thanks for your encouraging message. Are you fully recovered from depression and would you say that taking the medication is worth it at the end?
    • Posted

From depression. Yes. I still have some

Lingering head tightness that is the last thing to fade. But I spent the last week at universal studios theme park riding roller

Coasters and being back as close to myself as I've been in a long time. It was/is a journey and pretty much every day you think you will never get back to who you were, but that just the disease screwing with you. That's the biggest battle, to realize that the horrible days on the meds are part of the recovery. You want to give up, but don't. Anything, no matter how small, that you see improvement in means that the meds are working. Hang I there, it's not fast, but you will make it. The worst thing you can do is stop the meds because you think it's not working. Please, on the bad days, just give yourself a break, let them come and work through them, that's recovery. I was there where you are and I know it's painful. You will make it!

• Posted

Hey Ron. The insomnia is still hitting me pretty hard. Is it one that passes after a while? And the morning anxiety is still previlant. I guess normal for now?
  • Posted

Hi Ed just thought I'd add a reply it's strange but your question has answered mine I'm on week 4 20mg and I'm tired all the time with little motivation, I think the only concern with this med is what's comming next! As it seems pretty hard to predict but on the plus side although I'm a little frustrated with my lack of motivation and having 3 kids to keep on top of at least I'm not suffering to bad with anxiety with housework Luke I would have been before, I'm already feeling like a new person thinking clearly not over thinking and driving myself to distraction. So I just take a day at a time, good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.