Weak feeling

Posted , 8 users are following.

dose anyone ever feel like your body is weak arms and legs feel like jelly. think my anxiety is playing up but i feel so sluggish got in my head i got the c word and my body is getting week

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes me to they made me feel awful. I had to stop taking them and I'm now just on venlafaxine 112 mg as from yesterday ...

• Posted

Same as Michael,I had to titre off Sertraline and am now also on Venlafaxine (75mg).I felt so weak, dizzy and jelly like on Sert that i can remember having to put my head on the desk at a counselling appt! x x

• Posted

i started venlafaxine 3 days ago 37.5mg also on propranolol 10mg 3x daily today feel like jacking them in venlafaxine has made anxiety worse all in my head feeling woozy and my vision hard to focus sometimes is this the norm........

• Edited

Hi Jenna how long have you been on them and what dose? I have sometimes felt weak, heavy legs and arms, it passes though, with regards to the c word, yes it is just your anxiety trying to play tricks with you, jelly arms and legs are not the first signs of any cancer that I am aware of, if these side effects continue to bother you constantly or they get worse contact your Dr for some proper medical reassurance

• Edited

iv been on them for well over a year also with propranolol, iv just been upped to 100mg.. i feel like my anxiety is out of control at the moment its every day i feel anxious

• Posted

If you have recently increased your dose what you are feeling are side effects, was it a 50 to 100 increase?

• Posted

it was 75mg. i havnt started the new dose yet i got upped because my anxiety isnt getting any better im at the doctors constantly think they are getting sick of me lol

• Posted

Hi Jenna,

How long have you been taking your current dose?

I have been on 100mg since August. I had the same feeling you mentioned and thought the same dreaded thought. However, give it some time. Eat good, fresh fruits and veg..drink lots of water and take some vitamin D and magnesium supps. Also try to get outside for walks as much as possible. It may all sound cliche, but I promise you it helps..though it may take a few days.

You'll be alright. It's temporary. Big hug xx

• Posted

thank you for your message it has made me feel better . iv been on my currant dose for nearly 2 years. i know its all in my head but the anxiety just takes over, i defo have to eat more healthy and exercise more. im also thinking it can be my coffee intake as i drink up to 10 or more cups a day just wish i was normal

• Posted

jenna

wean off the coffee asap or drink decaf . drinking coffee really makes anxiety soooooo much worse . trust me it will help and you will much better I do x

• Posted

i will try an drink less coffee but i find it really hard i get headaches and feel like crap, but deep down i know it dosnt help lol.

• Posted

I believe these symptoms are withdrawal from coffee and will pass after a few days.

I find coffee gives me real problems as suffer with anxiety and drinking it makes my head go fuzzy and feel weak and s**** all day

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

Jenna, I had to reply to this because I can relate. Not to the feeling weak part, but to letting anxiety take over my head when it came to things regarding my health. I always thought I had cancer, or getting a heart attack, so on. Anyway, I'm seeing that everyone responds to this medication differently, in regards to side effects. I was pretty lucky I guess, not to rub it in, but I didnt have too rough of a go adjusting to the med. I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I've been on sertraline for about 7 weeks now. I know you've been on it much longer than me. I started on 25, been on 50 mg for 3 weeks. The difference I'm starting to feel is night and day. Even things that would normally trigger me, I'm able to look at it from the view point of how a person without mental illness would. I still get a little worried every now and then, but it passes quickly... It doesnt take over the whole day and my whole life. So our journey to get well differs from person to person. But I urge you to hang in there. Maybe you need to be on 100, some people are not stable until 100, 150, or even 200 I've heard. Not the biggest expert obviously, but you're not alone. Hope it starts to get better soon. Cut that coffee intake girl. Lol. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.