Weak hands

Posted , 4 users are following.

The last few weeks I noticed my left hand is weak, like my fingers dont work the way they should. My right one seems pretty good tho and its not like Im dropping stuff and of course Im weak overall so Im not sure if its just showing more cuz I use it a lot. Ive posted before and I have many other symptoms but this one concerns me somewhat, Im at 6 months with mono. Anyone else??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i have the same thing. My right hand feels cramped and weak, its harder to type on keyboard as mt dexterity seems off. My hands are shaky but not severe like parkinsons tremor but im overall weak too.

• Posted

Thanks for your response, yes that describes it perfectly. It almost feels like its thick or swollen but not visually noticeable.

• Posted

My left hand did the exact same thing and it freaked me out!! It was like my pinkie finger and hand was weak. It has gotten better but occasionally comes back. I am 3 months in.

• Posted

Krave, have you considered getting a spinal tap to make sure you dont have CIDP?

• Posted

Yes I have considered a spinal tap but my neurologist didnt really think its necessary. And it has gotten a little better so for now I'll probably wait it out. Have you had one done?

• Posted

i have not had one its next on my list since i still have random neuro symptoms and im 5 months in.

• Posted

Hi Krave,

That happened to me with my right hand for like a week or two in the beginning. My dexterity was off. Fine motor skills with my right hand were awkward. I remember signing my name was strange and typing on my keyboard was also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.