Weak left arm and weird heart feelings

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had anxiety since September of 2015. This yr/month I've felt it increased. This past wk I ended up at urgent care because I assumed I was having a stroke. I'm 21. No history of heart problems in my family. I am a little overweight but not terribly. The Dr ran an ekg which was "perfect." They did x-rays and said they found something, but I'm waiting for a call from my primary physician. I'm freaking out, of course. Lately I've had weak left arm sensations. Some tingling. I get weird heart pains. At least that's where I feel the pain. I get a little dizzy. I do get heart palpitations. Help please?!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello love, i am sure you are fine, its anxiety, i have it and every pain i suspect the worse, try to relax, and what i find helpful is chamomile tea and bach rescue remedy drops, which you put a few drops on your tounge, they relax you.i really hope you get well, you are so young, god bless and take care.xxx
  • Posted

it sounds very much like anxiety and i had/ have all of these symptoms my love when i was at my worst i had palpitations for over two hours one night then i would be ok and then they come back I would also get woken by a large thump as if my heart had dropped the bottom of my stomach i promise you with the right help they will subside its very scary whilst you are going through it.when you get the palps if you can quickly find a distraction put the tv on music or read, go for a walk focus on whats around you everyone on here who has anxiety will tell you the same symptoms and more but its anxiety and YOU WILL get through it. this is an excellent forum  as although i have had anxiety and depression on and off all of my life this time, was certainly the worst I was lucky I have a good doctor and although she did her best to calm me it didnt help me as I was convinced i had heart failure and every single problem going she was very understanding and patient, it has been this forum that has been really good as what ever symptom i had someone else on here had the same so it has been comforting and reassuring. Im in a better place at the moment I have the odd blip days but i find it therapeutic in a way to come on here and for people such as yourself I find that i can try to reassure you as will hundreds of others on here because we have all got the same thing in common. keep strong and you will get through this when i get the palps i just think oh here we go again and they seem to go with in minutes take care my love 
    • Posted

This is accompanied with left face numbness and my tongue feels large or numb on the left. And heart pain. Is that still normal? I notice I get a acid taste in my mouth at times too. I xray read that I have a nerve that's bugging, so that's causing the left arm weakness.

• Posted

So sorry you're going through this, tiff.

One thing is for sure - you haven't got any of the symptoms of a stroke, and your heart tests were normal, so I think you'll be diagnosed with anxiety, honey.

Many people on this site suffer with this (I don't) but as a nurse I try to help. There are plenty of people who will answer you soon and hopefully give you courage.

Love Tess xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.