Weak Leg, low energy Fibromyalgia

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for a few months now but been suffering with weak aching legs for a few years which I thought was because I was over training at the gym, however I now know this isnt the case. I feel my energy levels and legs are getting weaker by the day. I am taking sertralne and amitriptyline.

Could anyone give me any advice and tips, or is anyone suffering the same.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My knees feel weak when I walk as though they may give way and they hurt too.   The pain is more of a nuisance than anything I tend to get a sort of click in my knees and at the top of my leg near my hip.  So annoying xx
  • Posted

I also suffer with aches in my leg an pains in my knees is awful. Like Kathleen I also get clicking in the knees an hip an also my shoulder which is very annoying but can also be very painful some days I have no energy which is very annoying xx
    • Posted

its horridsad do you get a feeling like someone is running water through your legs? how do you manage with it all? my hips kill through the night when trying to sleep. my knees click all the time and my jaw x
  • Posted

I too suffer from that as well as restless leg syndrome which is part of the fibro curse. Do you take any sort of cholesterol meds? Crestor gives me muscle spasms but after upping my d intake it got better. I'm having my knee xrayed this week for pain when I kneel. Doc says it could be cushion behind the knee deteriorating. What funsmile every day is a new adventure with fibro!
    • Posted

hi casper no im just on sertraline and amatriptiline not sure if its helping or not if im honest its not the pain that gets me down its being tired all the time from when i wake to going to bed i just ache constantly trying to be active and happy is a struggle , i had a tummy tuck in 2011 had a few complications after losing alot of weight im pretty sure my troubles started then ,, last few months my eneregy levels have just dropped after being so active gym every day running loads of cardio to now struggling with stairs just makes me sad, have a good day and thanks for replying x
  • Posted

Hi Robet i am going through the same confusion as you!! i used t obe so active went the gym worked 60 hours a week ran around everywhere now i can hardly walk my legs are like bricks BIG BRICKS they are so weak and heavy they ache and i get burning in my knees and a feeling like someone has turned a tap on and water is running through my legs i too  have been diagnosed with fibro i have anxiety disorder and depression i am 32 live with my boyfriend cat and dog and i find everything everyday difficultsad i think ive had mine over 10 years because of my symptoms years ago i was hit by a car and was attacked a few times 2 of them being very serioussad what do you think has caused yours? do you get pain elsewhere? i am on solpadol 4-5 xs per day sertraline 100mg 1 per day amitriptyline 1-4 per day and lodium 600mg per day i have a lot of other pains aches burning weakness tiredness dizzyiness etc...i try and cope through a really bd day but get very upset a lot. only thing that eases me a l ittle is heat im ok if i am in a hot bath but when i get out 10-30 mins later im in pain againsad i use a hot water bottle constantly on my back when sat or lay down
    • Posted

Hi Melissa and Hi Robert....  Just wondering, with all the meds you guys take,  are your issues at all resoved, or minimised??    I ask this because, I used to take high doses of Tramadol for spinal and peripheral pain.  It does nothing for me at all, so I weened off over a few years and I also weened off the loads of Ibruprophen. However, I found I cannot stop taking a minimal day and night capsule of Tramadol. If I miss a capsule I feel the burden of it starting in the backof my head, my neck and upper spine.  If I then miss the next due capsule I'm in real  trouble.  My whole of spine and peripherals are affected.  I am completely in the agony zone, AND it's like having a completely over the top Restless leg, but it's the WHOLE body.  I will tuck my arms up to my chest, lay flat on the floor and roll back and forth sideways as best as I can to try and distract from the agony of it. 

Longest I have gone is about 5 days, and it's a constant, constant sleepless state, and floundering...   UNREAL  This situation happened when the Nurse or Doc was dam slow getting my script sorted and faxed to a chemist when I was out of town and unexpectedly not able to get home to get my refil done.  What an agonsing time it was.  Ibruprophen wouldn't go near it..  useless.

I managed to drive to the chemist, because I had to, but I could hardly walk.  I was so damned embarrassed.  Chemist folk were great when I explained my situation, gave me a seat and a glass of water to take capsules right there and then, and let me sit it out a bit till I managed to get back to the car and drive back to where I was staying.

I then took another lot to get it back into my system...  It took me a couple of days to get over the worst, and about a week to straighten myself up again to a more managable state. Talk about exhausting.trying to fight through it. grrrrr...

And before anyone says 'could it be withdrawls', NO it isn't because the issues were there way before I was ever put on Tramadol.

I had a really bad Car accident years back and this is the tail end result of things.  Getting my head pummelled at high speed into the interior surfaces several times, compression fractures to the spine and compromising compressing my neck verterbrae and discs, also in my lower spine.  Also to mention the hellishing 'Whiplashings, so many times!', and also at hugely awkward angles that your neck is not designed to go.  The burning and stretching of every muscle and fibre from way down your spine and out over your shoulders and neck is HUGE and UGLY..  So damn frightening.  I was forever waiting for the snap of my neck.  I have on brief moments wondered if I wouldn't have been better off having it snap, because I know that no-one would have found me, and I would have died. I wouldn't have had to put up with the Slackness of the A&E dept doc, the later Disgusting ACC's devious, disgusting behaviour against me, declining me help and assistance going forward. The loss of ability to function, cope, work, to do for myself like I once used to is a huge loss, as you all know what that's like.

I now compare mine and others situations to that of the Victorian Work Shops.

Those poor battered and lost, income poor, sick and aged, young and starving, forced to cope with hardships beyond the normal to get a meal. (Lord forbide any attention to health) Cussed and scorned, or kicked further into the cracks of society. Laid aside in chilly damp conditions, and expected to make their own recoveries on fresh air.  Only the strong survived those hardships or they were rescued.

Conditions never asked or expected of any, 'fit, work eligible, or working, or studying, monied, status family, celebrity status happy human/s...on any given good day'.  All attention to health not a problem.

We are sinking lower than ever now in this technologically rich world of advancements.  But No-where near advanced when it comes to the human condition, when ailling, injured and suffering. That's when the 'Elected elite responsible for our social and economic standard/s fail the whole.  Because they see everything as a business.  The Workshop mentality.

• Posted

hi melissa thanks for replying , i lost alot of weight in 2011 and had surgery a tummy tuck which i had complications with and one operation turned into 4 ops im pretty sure it started then, i have been so fit done loads of 10 k runs and at the gym daily for the last 3 years until a few months ago when my energy levels just went and my legs just feel like there going to give from under me, its scary how quick they have gone like they have from being so active doing 2 hours cardio a day to this is just depressing ..am still working at the min but struggling if im honest..
  • Posted

Poor you Robert..I've had Fibro over 30 years now..my legs used to feel sooo heavy and tired it wasn't funny..there are just sooo many symptoms to this rotten autoimmune Sydndrone...especially Chronic Fatigue Syndrome..25 years ago now..I remember leading  a bible study once with these women  and I just fell asleep...funny now..,scary then....it does get better Robert.. we really do just get used to things and learn how to cope well...you will get lots of tips on here..welcome...remember always that stressless is the key to living with Fibro...sounds like an ixia iron doesn't it..but it's true..have a nice day..gentle hugs,,be blessed..:-) xxx
    • Posted

hi thank you for replying as im new to this , i struggle more with the fatigue then the pain i can handle that as i had 4 operations on my stomach in 2011 after losing alot of weight. but lately im just so drained and tired all the time its hard holding my job down and my life together after being so active . i was at the gym daily for years then this,, feel gutted and very weak , is there much difference from fibro to chronic fatigue do you know ? have a nice day x
    • Posted

Hi Robert and welcome to the forum, we are a friendly bunch on here. I were diagnosed four years ago now, and this last 12 months I feel loads worse. Sorry not much encouragement for you.. I suffer with fatigue really bad, I have to lie on the bed every afternoon now, it makes me feel so guilty. The pain is worse in my hips down to my toes, my knees are really sore..and at night I itch terrible.. I attended a gym for 5 years, 4 times a week..hoping it would help loose weight and give me more energy...That did nothing for me at all, only emptied my bank account! Hope you can had a reasonable daysmile
  • Posted

Robert I don't know where you live so it may be unavailable where you are but my chiropractor told me about D ribose. It comes in powder form & you mix it In a drink. It is used by athletes to help their muscles recover faster. It helps with energy levels. Start out with a small amount & increase as needed.

Maybe you will get some relief with this.

• Posted

Not really sure about that but fatigue is a big issue for me as well which leads to inactivity which leads to weigh gain etc. Etc. Have you had your d levels checked? It is supposed to be somewhere around 30. Mine were 17 when first diagnosed so I went on a 6 week course of 50,000 units vitamin d a week. It finally went back to normal. Thyroid level ok? Some of the meds make it worse. I've been on plaquenil since being diagnosed but have tried at least 20 other meds most of which I couldn't tolerate. Foods definitely make symptoms worse so keep a food journal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.