Weak leg muses and arms when i wake.up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i'm 20 years old sometimes my leg muscles and arms are so weak and on this day it was the worse my legs can't support me anymore this was the second time happen to me last 2 years ago but as i said there are times happens but not worse it just triggers when i work for long day i decide to stretch my arms and legs before doing any physical jobs so i just wondering if its a severe medical condition i'm kind a scared go to doctor since i'm working at the young age and BTW my arms and legs are exposed on water cuz i do laundry yesterday

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I think you might have a serious medical condition and you should get medical assistance. I'm not sure about your insurance situation but not being able to stand in the morning would be an emergency to me. An emergency room visit gets things (tests, doctors visits) done faster but at greater cost. Either way, you should see a doctor. An urgent care clinic might be a good starting point. 

• Posted

Hi Rayci

Yes I also think you should get medical advice. As I live in the U.K. I'm not sure how your medical system works.In my case I first had visible muscle wasting before I noticed the physical weakness. My first symptoms were close on 3 years ago and I still don't have a definite diagnosis. I have had various MRI's , tests and muscle biopsy. Apparently some neurological disorders are very difficult to pinpoint and testing can take several months.

Regards Ellen

• Posted

Hey Ellen, I had muscle wasting in my arms and legs but I got test done at a rheumatologist that confirmed I had a muscle/connective tissue disease called Dermatomyositis. I had to take high doses of Prednisone and Methotrexate for a year. But so far I'm good, much better than I was. Of course there is no cure and it could come on at any time but kinda in remission right now. Just thought I'd give you a medical term to maybe see if you have anything of this sort. Would love to hear how things are with you. Sincerely, Denise

• Posted

Hi Denise

The conditions they are looking into with me are muscular dystrophy and ion channel myopathy . No one has mentioned Dermatomyositis. I am very stiff if I sit or stand still for any length of time. If I exercise my muscles seem to warm up, I go stiff again as I cook down. It's almost as if I kept moving all the time I would feel better. I go spinning classes 5 times a week simply because when I'm on the bike I feel normal. I am unable to run, jump etc as I have lost that ability. I cannot rise up on to my toes as my calf has deteriorated. Did you have symptoms like these ?

Regards Ellen

• Posted

Hi the weak muscles are my arms and upper legs my calf are rarely to weaken its not always the case cuz after a long work i feel this after i wake up and thanks for the help i feels good after i rest for 9 hours but still my muscles are stiff and weak but just little.
  • Posted

Hey Rayci, Yes I too think you should seek medical advice. I had muscle wasting before I had symptoms too. When I started with not being able to hold my arms up to fix my hair and tripping over my own feet and not being able to walk for long periods of time I knew something wasn't right. My internist Dr ordered a blood test (sed rate) that showed high levels of inflammation in my body. Then he sent me to a rheumatologist that did a CRP blood test and he diagnosed me with Dermatomyositis, which is a muscle/connective tissue disease. That was in 2008 and I only had to take meds for 1 year and I am much better, not cured because there is no cure. But if I had not been persistent I really believe I could have been in a wheelchair by now. Please go and ask to have these test done at least. Please let me know your progress. Sincerely Denise

• Posted

Hi thanks for the tip i feel better now after i rest for a long day and slept drink a lot of water but i will check my medical condition on my day off
  • Posted

Hi guys its me again BTW i lived in the philippines southeast asia its a third world country and medical here suck and expensive i will go tonthe nearest medical center its sucks cuz the minimum here is $7.51 but after i slept and rest my whole body for 9 hours i can walk properly but my muscles feels weak the good thing is i can walk and do my everyday chores on the house and i decided to take a absent and BTW my job was bagger on a super market at the end of my shift we gather all the push carts very long line and push half by half so i guess that was the main reason why i feel all sluggish but the thing is i didn't feel weakness at all when i push all the carts and donthe loundry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.