Weak les

Posted , 6 users are following.

h

hi I've been on ppi for many years for heartburn problems. I had an endoscopy and was found to gave a weak les. What can i do too help with symptoms of it.Find loads of info on hiatal hernia but not weak les.

Going to ask to change ppi too as not having much luck with lansoprazole these days.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have you by chance had your vit D levels checked? I know vit D increases muscle function. My vit D is low and had been for a while and I have had issues with reflux. I have also read that breathing exercises can help strengthen it as well.

• Posted

Sorry to be ignorant. Who or what is 'les'?

• Posted

I have a weak LES, in fact, it does not work at all so my food goes down with gravity as I also have poor gullet motility. I have had 2 ops to try and create a valve but did nothing with regards to my symptoms of reflux, just created more. I also have a hiatus hernia so I have now given up in trying to find something to help. The last suggestion was to have half my stomach taken away to stop me vomiting due to slow stomach empyting. I felt this op was too drastic so have declined. I am going to take my chances and get on with trying to enjoy my life and manage the symptoms as I have since the last op which, in fact, came undone. I shall of course keep an eye on the acid as it has damaged my gullet in the past.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.