Weak shaky arms and hands shake a lot

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been suffering for six weeks now my anxiety is so bad now i cant relax my muscles are so shaky in my arms when i move them it scares me and my hands shake as well feel like i cant grap sometimes i have had mri and bloods but normal my doctor said its anxiety but i have got my self into a bad state the past few weeks my syptoms are getting worse .. i google things with my syptoms and they come back scary things and its makes me ten times worse .. i dont sleep as well constant worry all night checking my body incase somethin else starts 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

it does sound like anxiety because I’ve been where you are. The thing is when we tell ourselves something is wrong, the brain picks up on that and it prepares for what it thinks is battle. That’s why you are getting all these symptoms. Your testing was normal which is great. Now focus on bringing down your anxiety level. I had so many symptoms I stopped counting.

I can tell you what really helped me a lot because it taught me what I was doing wrong. on YouTube search for something called therapy in a nutshell. She is excellent and a great teacher and she’s sharing thirty free short talks on anxiety. each of these short talks are numbered on there. You have to kind of find the next number but they’re all right there. I actually have a notebook and I’m taking lots of notes and have applied what she has taught and it’s working very well! One of the basic ideas is that it’s important not to try to fight off the anxiety or the sensations. That makes them worse. You have to acknowledge that you have the sensations and even say something like Oh hello anxiety. I know you were there but I am busy doing my house work ( or whatever you’re doing. ) then just move on to what you were doing. That’s just one small example of what she talks about. Check it out. I never thought anything could work for me but this is helping so much.please don’t google! Your brain will pick up on it and make you feel worse. you can do this take care

• Posted

hi jan thanks for the tip .. i just feel so weak exhausted and have alot of wierd syptoms this time you wouldnt beleive what axiety causes

• Posted

Hi, I have the exact same symptoms your having and they have been here for two weeks. I feel like my whole legs and arms are shaky and sometimes i cant control it. I also have weak face which also barley started. I keep on thinking i have something wrong with my nerves and tommorow ima see my gp for these symptoms but they had already assured me it was nothing serious.

• Posted

the doctors didnt find anything and ive been to multiple hospitals and have all checked my reflexes and everything was fine. All places I have been to have told me I have depression and severe anxiety disorder. Right now I have muscle twitches on my whole body which scares me sometimes

• Posted

Me too! It's been nearly six months, and I've had the worst ongoing symptoms, including what you're describing. It suddenly feels like everything I pick up is 10x heavier than it is or my hands feel numb, so I become uncoordinated.

Same situation as you. Two MRIs and exams by three different doctors. They all think I'm completely healthy, but I'm still shaking, weak, numb, tingling, twitching... It's awful that we're all in this boat. But there is some consolation at least that we are hopefully all healthy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.