Weak Urine Flow

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello you guys. I am 44. Sometimes at night when I wake up I have  a very weak urine flow. It seems I cannot urinate right away and I have to walk around a bit to get it going. Does anyone else struggle with this and why am I doing this? I am healthy otherwise and this only happens at NIGHT never during the day.   

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Freelance,

If it's slow to start, or you need to push it out, especially in the morning, you might consider seeing a GP. That's a common symtom of men for prostate enlargement, which is really really common. Basically the prostate gland pushes against the urethra, and physically stops pee from flowing out. Get it checked out, dude, better to know. Cheers!

• Posted

I am a woman
    • Posted

Haha! *laughs nervously*

Okaaaay, maybe it's not your prostate then? Only a guess......redface

Clearly, your bladder doesn't realize how fabulous it is during the night, and is therefore a bit slow to relax?

• Posted

ahaahh no biggie. I just think I have a lazy urethera lol bec. I am getting older
    • Posted

Hi,

I know this is old feed, but I think I have the same problem and I’m really worried ? I’m 51 going through meno and recently I’ve noticed a slow urine flow, but only through the night as you say ! It’s fine during the day . . . .  Do you still have it ? Thanks so much Deb x

• Posted

Dont drink any caffeine prior to bedtime or drink any soft drinks, or British sodas. The carbonation will cause you to urinate at night. Slow urine means you have a prostate problem or BPH. I have had a problem with my prostate where my urine wouldn't come out unless I strained and pushed down on my groin, but eventually I went to a doctor to get it fixed. No problems now

• Posted

Hi John: May  I ask how did your doctor fix your problem? I have a difficult time during the night to urinate but during the day time, I need to change at least 3-4 times
    • Posted

According to my insurance, it is called contracted bladder,or incontinence. On this forum , it is called an overactive bladder. On the internet, it is called post void dribbling.

I have given up trying to stop my leakage. But I now leak less now that I am on dialysis.

In the past, I have had several cystoscopies to find out the cause. First, I had urethral strictures and they were removed. Then I had BPH Benign Prostatic., some prostate pieces were removed through a cystoscopy procedure. Then finally one doctor finally told me I had a false entry into my bladder. Which means my urine pools into 2 separate areas. So I can pee and empty my bladder but then 10 minutes later, I have to pee again and then about 30 minutes later, I have to pee again. This occurs even though I never drink any liquid during that time period.

I am thinking about getting a Uriclak, a penis clamp. There are several listed on the internet. Some men get catheters. I only had a catheter after my cystoscopies because of the blood involved after a stricture is removed. I didn't like it when it was removed.

I have had this problem since my 20's and I am now 66 years old. Talking about this is not embarrassing to me. I am too old to worry about anything regarding my many medical problems, which total over..20 .

When I first got on this forum, I only read about women having this problem, so I thought I would tell mt story.

I am not a doctor but I would recommend that you seek the advice from a doctor to determine why you are leaking. There are procedures that can help. Or like I stated penis clamps.

Good luck

• Posted

It seems that nobody has been on this site over a year now. What's up with everyone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.