weakness and cloudy brain

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I have been experiencing a new symptom for the last week or so that is really unsettling. It feels like my brain is trying to send messages to my body that my body isn't properly receiving. My legs feel like jelly, and muscles all over feel weak, almost paralyzed. I find even speaking to be a chore- like I have to really think about the message I want to convey to others. Is this normal? Some days, it's worse than others, some days, non-existent, but some days, like today, it's very overwhelming. I have a very cloudy brain too. Hoping it will pass, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I'm concerned!!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Cindy, yes I have this, and today is quite bad! When I get like this I get so worried health anxiety shoots to the sky.. My legs are weak jelly feeling , feels like my sugar is low, I'm shaky I feel like crying I'm headachey ( just came off a bad migraine) I'm dizzy cant think, and yes can't speak clearly..its all too much it started bad for me last night and woke up no better as of yet.. You are not alone.. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. It really helps. I get super shaky too. AND the pressure, especially in my head. It's passed a little bit since posting, but I was in bed for the weekend- too weak and wobbly to do anything.

• Posted

Hi Cindy, yes I have this, and today is quite bad! When I get like this I get so worried health anxiety shoots to the sky.. My legs are weak jelly feeling , feels like my sugar is low, I'm shaky I feel like crying I'm headachey ( just came off a bad migraine) I'm dizzy cant think, and yes can't speak clearly..its all too much it started bad for me last night and woke up no better as of yet.. You are not alone.. I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I also have the all over pressure especially my head feels like hands around my neck and my head will explode such weird symptoms all of this..

• Posted

Cindy you are not alone.. I'm feeling just like you described now. It started early this morning. My limbs feel weak, and very jittery. This is my second day of my period as well. My anxiety is on overload.. I'm at work trying to push through, but I can't really concentrate.. I've been crying alot yesterday and today too..

Things have to get better 😭😭😮

• Posted

Hi Trina,

Thank you for your response. If I wasn't at work, I'd be crying, so I hear you.I am always super distressed on really bad days, worrying it's something else. And it always eventually goes away. Day 1 and 2 of my period are total write-offs, but I'm mid cycle so this is just yet another unpredictable surprise of perimenopause. I am SO over it. I'm sure you are too.It's frustrating! And I weirdly judge myself when I have a bad day, even though I know it's not my fault, I'm hard on myself. I hope your day improves. We are not alone in it. that's for sure. I appreciate the feedback.

• Posted

hi Cindy - OK, glad to read your post - i woke up 5 months ago with dibilitating muscle/tendon/joint pain in my legs - i did have an MRI on my right knee to learn i do have almost bone on bone, but thats not the part that bothers me so much. The part that bothers me is this heaviness, actually puffiness of knee joints & this sensation that my brain isnt communicating with my legs to move. i do yoga, aqua aerobics & weights & i have no issue doing leg exercises, its just walking & the constant achiness is relentless - i am post menopause 7 years & just read that low estrogen increases inflammation - this really is a bad curse because it truly is affecting my mobility - i do double up on my omegas & take tumeric which tends to lessen the symptoms & eat magnesium like candy - i want this to go away!

• Posted

Thanks, Debra. I started taking Curcumin (Turmeric), as well., but it's probably too soon to tell.Have magnesium supplement, which can wreak havoc on my digestion, but I might try it again, for the relief of other symptoms. I ordered a magnesium spray online- will try that on the legs as well. I'm experiencing the joint pain- it's everywhere. Feel like I'm going downhill fast! SIGH!

• Posted

hi cindy - make sure to take magnesium glycinol, all other magnesiums tend to cause stomach issues & loose stools.

• Posted

OK, will do. Tried Magnesium bisglycinate- upset my belly, but will Google the other.

• Posted

Oh my gosh, thank you for posting. I am having similar problems. Legs are achy and heavy. So tired of these symptoms.

• Posted

Hi ladies, 52 and still haven't gone a full year without at least spotting near the anniversary date to stop. Another depressing day due to symptoms. I have the weak legs and to me, it looks like I've lost weight in my joints/ bones. My blood pressure and weight is all over the place. My appetite sucks lately and I think this heart burn medicine gives me diarrhea because when I skip a day, I don't have it. Brain Fog is still present and heaviness in head. Night sweats and Hot flashes have gotten better but that's about it. All the other symptoms are there. Is anyone else experiencing this. Menopause Sucks! 😦

• Posted

You just wrote my story! I just went to a neurologist because I was so scared and she said it was anxiety. Lovely. It's so crippling. Feel like crying all the time because of the symptoms. Scares me. Have a hard tine with my hands too. Very trembly. Exact same symptoms as you! Just awful.

• Posted

Do you get it where it feels like your reflexes are too sensitive? Mine are. Drives me nuts. It's like my muscles want to react to quick... like their timing is all screwed up. Makes me feel even more anxious!

• Posted

hi nettie - i feel like i have to concentrate to walk - & with every step its just achiness - feel like everyday i have been hit by a Mack truck - i am not sure how mine can be tied into anxiety, however, i do feel like there isnt an ounce of lubricant to move my achy muscles -

• Posted

Nettie,

For sure! Same thing happens to me, especially when I'm at rest.

• Posted

Feeling like I've been hit like a Mack truck is so accurate. This stuff happens whether I'm feeling anxious or not. But of course, when I'm anxious, it's ten times worse.

• Posted

have you been told why this happens, Annette? Anything help it. This really makes me anxious.

• Posted

I've replied to your msg Nettie, basically the reflex thing has been happening to me for years, not very often but it does, never bothered or worried me. I've never asked a doctor about it.

• Posted

nettie i do this! its crazy. it was getting so bad at one point that i was getting embarrassed by it and didnt want to be around people. It has stopped for now. probably been about 6 months. i didnt know what was going on. Anxiety? Lack of Sleep? i did think that being tired and not getting good restful sleep was causing it. The way i describe mine is if i started to drop something, my reflex to catch it was too excessive. or a startling noise, i was like a cat that jumps on the ceiling (like in cartoons lol)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.