Weakness in hands and feet?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

This week is 3 month on Pred for PMR and GCA. Down to 40 mg of pred from restarting at 60mg again in Dec..

So many symptoms have cleared up so that is good. I've been keeping daily drawings of improvements  to show the doctors.

One thing that seems to be worse though is the weakness in my feet and hands. Hard to hold cups without dropping; hard use scissors or hold fork, spoons, knives and pens.  My feet feel like mush can cause me to trip and fall alot. I have a stick shift car but I don't have enough strength to shift gears and use the clutch.

Just wondering if others have had this and if it goes away? I haven't been given to okay to exercise yet until after the  neurosurgery, pulmonary, cardiology, ophthalmology and rheumatology have review all the tests they did before the Holiday...so I will know more in the next few weeks if there are other issues? 

Thanks again for any suggestions.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I started feeling this weakness on my hands there are few years when opening a bag of crackers, or a pack of coffee. Thought itwas the first signs of aging....nothing on the legs though by then.

Now with GCA there are two years I started feeling a weakness on my legs and I use as electric vibrator - it has a long handle, a thick pad on the end and those massages on my legs and hands/arms are showing great results. I do treadmill as well.

I do exercises when sitting I stretch a leg at a time with the feet facing the ceiling, about 10 minutes on each leg.

It works great.

I've been doing that several times a day.

Actually I am getting good results with this kind of 'treatment'.

Hope you, too, find a way to improve!!

xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.